Niko Medved to Drake

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Niko Medved to Drake

Postby boulder3m on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at Wes Miller leaving UNCG if he gets any kind of offer. UNCG can't be a very good place to coach. Sure, it's a place with media, but nobody really cares about UNCG. Unless he is tied to them somehow he will get out of there as quickly as possible.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:25 am

I agree but it may depend on where he stands on the hierarchy of UNC/Roy's totem pole.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 am

This was really his first good year at UNCG; seems to me they have otherwise underperformed under him. He is currently basking in the team's recent success.

He is a local boy and has developed some recruiting pipelines (getting to play some home games in the Coliseum has helped). And he may be in line for a nice raise after this year's record, so he may be ok to stay a while. UNCG is a pretty large school (about 20K) with good facilities and an array of majors, and some reputable grad programs. Since it used to be "the smart girls public school option" before Chapel Hill admitted women a few decades back, it does have some academic credibility; it has been a Phi Beta Kappa school for many years. He could certainly do worse, but I don't see him getting to the top of Roy's succession totem pole (though Roy did think highly of him as a feisty player).
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:51 pm

I hear your hierarchy on Roy's list depends on how good of a player you were there.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 am

In a move that has taken the college basketball world by surprise, Old Roy, longtime head basketball coach at UNC, has announced that Mike Young, well respected longtime coach at Wofford College, will take over the UNC program effective immediately and will coach the TarHeels in the upcoming national semifinals. In so doing, Roy stated: "While many have thought that I would stick to the Carolina hierarchy in naming a successor, the chance to infuse our program and educational institution with the balance, class, and skill that Wofford College and its basketball program represent, as we are on the brink of another potential national championship, was simply too timely not to take advantage of. Intaminatus Fulget Honoribus."
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:54 am

lawdog wrote:In a move that has taken the college basketball world by surprise, Old Roy, longtime head basketball coach at UNC, has announced that Mike Young, well respected longtime coach at Wofford College, will take over the UNC program effective immediately and will coach the TarHeels in the upcoming national semifinals. In so doing, Roy stated: "While many have thought that I would stick to the Carolina hierarchy in naming a successor, the chance to infuse our program and educational institution with the balance, class, and skill that Wofford College and its basketball program represent, as we are on the brink of another potential national championship, was simply too timely not to take advantage of. Intaminatus Fulget Honoribus."

And Roy Williams will become the new Wofford head coach, right? :mrgreen: Check your calendar, folks!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:53 am

Hehehe :lol:
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:52 am

We could be less than 24 hours from the Carolinas having 3 out of the 4 teams playing for NCAA national championships!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:55 am

Wow LD!!!

Thank you for busting the news...the latest story in these parts is Roy TarHeel changed his mind and is coming to UMass. Heading to the Terriers is...........................................................Gino Aurreima. Said he is hell-bent on winning 112 consecutive games at the JRIS and surpassing his UConn record.
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Richey named HC today at FU. They didn't play well at all at St. Peter's in the CIT.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball