Furman @BenJo

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Furman @BenJo

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Great opp to beat the Furples and start '17 with a streak of SoCon wins!

http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2017011 ... ll-preview
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Re: Furman @BenJo

Postby lawdog on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Nice win over Furman tonight. Good energy. Played better D, except they penetrated too much toward the end. Some shady block/charge calls by the refs in the last five minutes. Pegram stepping up, Jackson too. Nice crowd. Scrappy game.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Great atmosphere at the BenJo! And what a game from Cam!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Very nice game by the T-Dogs. They played tough and smart, overall.

Cameron Jackson was a stud. He's starting to look like a major guy -- scored in a variety of ways, put the ball on the floor to make plays, was aggressive.

Furman kept Fletcher McGee from getting many good looks. He seemed a little out of it. Nonetheless, he hit a couple big shots. He was a factor, for sure.

Eric Garcia took the game over. Two huge 3-pointers when Wofford needed a spark late-ish in the game. And made some key free throws.

I am starting to like Matt Pegram. He gets some really cheap fouls, sometimes his fault and some I think that are bad calls. But the guy takes up a lot of space. He's tough to shoot over. If he get the fouls under control and continue to develop his offensive game, I think he's going to become a really good player.

Ryan Sawvell was very, very good. He's a sharp player.

Wofford still had trouble beating the fullcourt press. That's a problem, I think.

Good game atmosphere at the BenJo.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:29 am

I missed the game live, but came home to find the score. Later I watched the game on ESPN3-replay. The week off from our last game really helped. Our guys played a totally different game from those two road losses. We came out playing defense like we meant it, and kept it up for most of the game. Furman decided to stop our perimeter game at the expense of our interior. It allowed our bigs to get to the basket and they finished. Cam, Sawvell, Matt and others really took it to the basket when they had the chance. Once again, dribble penetration opened it up in the middle. This was a hard fought game on both sides, and I was very impressed with how our guys seemed to never let the energy calm down. We played 10-11 guys and got the scoring from some guys who don't always get the points. If you give the big guys the chance to score they will get the rebounds and give it back.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 am

Pegram, nine rebounds in only 11 minutes. And had some very cheap fouls called on him. http://woffordterriers.com/news/2017/1/ ... 67-58.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:12 am

Video. I think we are figuring out how hard we need to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5XmWBLcmE
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:06 pm

lawdog wrote:Video. I think we are figuring out how hard we need to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5XmWBLcmE

After watching part of the WCU game, it appears we may not in fact be figuring that out. And we need to put on our thinking caps.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball