Mars Hill

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Mars Hill

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 pm

We are losing 41-38 at halftime to a D2 school. Completely unacceptable and no valid excuse for it. We have had some lean seasons as a D1 program in the past but we have never once lost to a sub D1 since moving up. This would be a new low. I hope we pick it up in the second half and avoid an embarrassing loss for not only Wofford, but the SoCon as well.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Mars Hill

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Pulled it out. By 3.To Mars Hill.
Anybody got any idea why Pegram has started over Cam the last 2 games? We cannot compete with our bigs scoring 6 points a game. Thank goodness for Sawvell tonight who had 24 tonight, a career high.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Where is the chemistry? What is the identity?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:34 pm

The only good thing I can say about this game is that at least we avoided total disaster. But it was still quite humbling. I figured it might be a bit of a rebuilding year this season simply due to youth, but this is ridiculous. We seem to have regressed badly. I don't really have any answers as to why. I thought we'd be quite a bit better than we've shown so far. There is too much talent on this team for this. But still, unless we find some way to get it together it is going to be a very long season. We will not get anywhere by minxing words. To that end, as for playing Pegram ahead of Cam Jackson, I think that is just downright stupid. I can't for the life of me figure out what the coaching staff is thinking here. Cam's been one of the bright spots and shows a lot of potential and promise. Pegram has, to be frank, not shown the same promise in his time at Wofford. And if Cam violated some team rule or is not reaching his potential academically, punish him by making him do suicides or run laps, but don't hurt the entire team by taking playing time from him.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:02 am

Mars Hill shot 58.5% from the field on us. We won because we shot 23 free throws, they nine.

Box and video. http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2016/ ... 79-76.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Seems a little too early to proclaim "the sky is falling." Coach Young has been thru this before with newcomers, and I trust he will have 'em coached up before conference play begins. We have not shot it particularly well, but we often win because of our gritty style of defense. Sometimes it takes the new guys a little time to adjust to what is expected in terms of our style. Give them some more time. We may not win the conference, but I suspect we will be much more competitive as the season progresses.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:41 pm

UNCG beat Mars Hill last night by 52. UNCG feels pretty good about their team this year, especially on D.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball