Player Bios

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Player Bios

Postby Rowdy on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:55 pm

I'm not the brightest light on the hall, but it seems to me we could have some information on the athletic web site of the basketball players. A couple have been on campus for three years (seniors) and even the freshmen have been around long enough to get a picture or two of them. Does our SID understand marketing?
Rowdy

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:21 am

It would be nice. At least football has pictures and bios.

I decided to look at the OOC home basketball opponents for Wofford to see if they have more info up than we do. Our home games tend to be against really small schools so naturally one would assume they wouldn't have much up either.

Our OOC opponents:
Nov. 14 Erskine - photos and bios for entire roster
DII - CVAC
http://www.erskinecollegesports.com
fun fact: they play Furman the night before us and list both games as exhibitions.

Nov. 16 Union (Ky.) - No photos or bios!!! Although, all their fall sports have photos and bios so most likely the winter ones will too.
http://athletics.unionky.edu/
NAIA - Appalachian Athletic Conference

Jan. 3 West Virginia Wesleyan - photos for entire roster. Not much of a bio and the media guide is last years.
DII - WVIAC
http://bobcats.wvwc.edu/

2 Division II sites and an NAIA... all better than Wofford.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:23 am

More fun Wofford basketball oddities:
Our general admission season tickets for men's basketball are $100.
Single game general admission tickets are $8 * 12 games = $96. It's cheaper to buy single game general admission tickets than season tickets... that's not counting any promotions which drop the price even further.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:47 am

BestOfBreed wrote:More fun Wofford basketball oddities:
Our general admission season tickets for men's basketball are $100.
Single game general admission tickets are $8 * 12 games = $96. It's cheaper to buy single game general admission tickets than season tickets... that's not counting any promotions which drop the price even further.

That's funny. I guess that's a new way of making some extra money. But, I'm sure it's a hold over set price from past seasons where we had more than 12 games. Either that, or maybe they're saying its worth $4 to be able to say that you have season tickets as opposed to just going to all the games.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:44 am

That's Wofford math for you.

I had season tickets given to me as a gift one year and really enjoyed them. I noticed I went to a lot more games knowing I already had a ticket. If I had the extra scratch, I would definitley spend the extra $4.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:54 pm

I just went to the athletic department web site and got all excited when I saw the "player bios" highlighted in purple, meaning there was something there. So I clicked on it and was disappointed once again when I found another version of the roster. Only names, class, height, etc. listed. How can we get excited about basketball when we don't even know what the five new guys look like? Anyway, beat NC State tonight!
Rowdy

Postby BossTerrier on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:38 pm

I did the same thing this morning-got all excited for nothing. Anyone notice that the "Today in Terrier History" trivia has not been changed since the website changed to the new format?
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Looks like the player bios are up and working!

http://wofford.edu/athletics/basketballm/bios.aspx
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 pm

BossTerrier wrote:I did the same thing this morning-got all excited for nothing. Anyone notice that the "Today in Terrier History" trivia has not been changed since the website changed to the new format?

I have clicked on that several times just to find the same thing. Hopefully they'll get behind that one day because I think it would be a neat feature to the website.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball