Chattanooga

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Chattanooga

Postby JohnMoc1 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:50 am

I keep telling you all...Chattanooga is a better defensive team than offensive team. Pomeroy had them ranked second in efficiency in the conference in both....Mocs can play some defense. I worry more about the offensive game.

Wofford still the clear favorite...
JohnMoc1
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:38 am

Good point Moc. From the part I saw, Moc defense was very sound, as was their offensive rebounding. Impressive team.

http://woffordterriers.com/news/2015/2/ ... ath=mbball We went cold shooting, and quit getting it inside. Could not get a rebound in the last five minutes.
Last edited by lawdog on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:46 am

It seems like time after time we fumbled the ball on our own just before a clear shooting opportunity. Give the credit to the Chatts, they just beat us straight up. Gotta get the confidence back, and that's not easy at the Whee. For those who have been counting the chickens before the hatch, Watdog and Lawdog said it correctly. All that matters in this conference is to win the tournament, because you won't go to the dance otherwise. By the way, take a look at the conference standings. It is really getting crowded at the bottom. Those folks are literally playing for their lives, as it will be virtually impossible to win having to play an extra game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:00 am

Ruckus, what did you do to distract the ref during the traveling call? Are you banned from court side seats now? :D
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 am

I thought he needed some help on that one. He told me he got it. I told him he was late on the call. He was fun.
He did wave me off later when I politely pointed out that Tuoyo was holding Lee in the paint.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:21 am

30% from the field, 61% FT and 4 for 20 from 3 point would not get it done against anyone. Chatty's D is good and forced us into taking some bad shots, but as I said pre-game, shooting has been our achilles heel all season. We got out played. Time to see what this team is made of once again. We bounced back well after the stupid loss at El Cid, now it's to do it again at the 'Whee. Of all the teams in the conference right now, I'd say WCU and Chatty are playing the best and with the most confidence. Time to reassert ourselves.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:40 am

I thought we had some good looks despite Chatty's physical D. Shots just didn't fall. I counted 8 at one point that went down and then out. It happens.
What I think we are seeing is teams playing us very physically and over playing passing lanes/pressing. #1 flat mugged Garcia. We have to start back cutting and finding ways to take advantage of that in our sets.
Give Chatty credit: they did just enough offensively and played great D but if we shoot it better, we win going away. We are fine. Poor shooting nights will happen. We need to win at Ramsey Sat night.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:07 pm

for us to win consistently, Lee Skinner has to put up good numbers, and he didn't really last night. For us to play at the "next level" as it were, that has to happen and Karl Cochran has to have a great night. Spencer Collins can be hot and cold too and when he's cold it's frustrating to watch.

As Ruckus said, we had quite a few shots rim out. I counted 4 in the first half alone. Some night, you just don't shoot well, and that was what happened last night. Our defense will always keep us in games, but for us to be the team we can be we have to shoot with high efficiency. We've done it at times this year: Iona, Chattanooga the first time around, Western Carolina, and Furman. But right now I think it's safe to say that we're kind of in rut right now that we need to get out of.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Our guards were 7-37 from the field (Garcia and Allen 0-9, Collins 3-14)... probably the worst in a long time. Chatt does not get all the credit for that. And we quit passing it down low, which had been working. Time to move on; like coach says, we'll be fine.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball