SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: The Real Season Begins

Postby ARTerrier on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:10 pm

ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:41 am

Sammy gave us all we wanted and they aren't very good.
Bottom line: it's a conference win on the road but we need to play better. When we don't shoot it well from the perimeter, we are in trouble. We have a nice team but we can't simply roll the ball out there and win. Hope the guys understand that. Teams that uptempo and press give us trouble.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Big game coming up Monday night. Having to play Chattanooga at their place coming in the last game of a long road trip is tough. Our guys have to feel like they live on that bus-nice as it is. We have gone from the tip of WVa back to SC; up to Duke and back; down to Birmingham and then onto Chatty. That is a bunch of miles. Our schedule is interesting, in that virtually every week from here on out is two on the road or two at home. We play every single Saturday and Monday. Our guys did a good job on Saturday at Birmingham. Samford is NOT a bad team; was coming off four wins against representative teams and was laying for us. Our guys were understandably a little weary and took some time to turn it around. They were in control in the second half, often carrying a double digit lead-which in a low scoring game is significant. Samford hit a three as the clock expired to make it look close, but it was never in doubt down the stretch. Chatty has us exactly where they want us and will be pulling out all the stops. This is their biggest conference regular season game of the year. I hope we are up for it.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Gomocs on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:39 pm

You said: "This is their biggest conference regular season game of the year. I hope we are up for it" It is in the sense that Wofford was picked first and Chattanooga second, however, many people will tell you the game that to be at will be ETSU. ETSU is a long time rival and replaced Marshall as the big rival when Marshall left the SoCon, of course then ETSU was kicked out of the SoCon. I think if you asked the fanbase they would say ETSU is the biggest game. Now, with respect to the players, they have no concept of that and Wofford probably is their target since any players who remember ETSU being a big game are long since out of school.
Moc Nation - http://mocnation.yuku.com/directory - a site run by fans for fans of the Chattanooga Mocs
Gomocs
Junior Terrier

Postby fgs44 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:00 pm

At this point of the season for us, and everyone else, I think, the next game is the biggest game of the season. History tells us that most conference teams are capable of rising to the occasion and taking out any other conference team. All that being said, this is a match-up of the two teams that most of the league believes are the best teams in the SoCon. I know that I will be watching down here in Houston Texas on streaming video!!! or, if there is a TV channel available, on that. Does anyone know if there is TV on this game, or is streaming video it?
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Did anyone else see this. Sotty if this is a duplicate post. #30 in the RPI rankings!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball ... etball-rpi
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby fgs44 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:34 pm

FYI---Wofford vs Chattanooga is on DirecTv on channel 640 at 7:00 pm central time--8:00 pm eastern time--
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm

On the Time Warner Cable listings I do not see it. Anyone know of online streaming? Wait- I see it listed from the Wofford Terriers site as upcoming on ASN. My hopes are high.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:58 pm

It is on the American Sports Network - same as the Sammy game. go to the Terrier website and click on 'video' for the game
Loyalterrier

Postby youngterrier on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 pm

What a game, what a comeback.

Karl Cochran is for real
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:00 pm

WOW! That was some effort by Karl!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:24 pm

When a guy is going off like KC was it is easy for the team to quit playing and start watching. Our guys really played as a team to make it work. We got rebounding help. passing help, and scoring when we needed it. These guys are cool-maybe sometimes too cool. Damn it, let's jump out to a big lead and bury some folks!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:14 am

So much to like about this game beyond what Karl did. Lee got 10 points and 8 rebounds. And Neumann got 8 rebounds and seems to be playing tougher and tougher. I am, however, a little disappointed in Eric because he did have 1 turnover tonight after going the last two games with zero. :D
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 am

Hobo- Love it! I just nicknamed him the Gyro, 'cause he keeps it all running smooth and on the level. Now, if he can figure out how to stay on his feet after he drives and scores... Also, CJ had a big 8 rebounds and that has to make Coach Tim proud. It was a spectacular show by KC, but the team made it happen. When you look at the stats it jumps out that we out rebounded a much larger team; we out hustled them in virtually all stats like assists, turnovers, etc. Chattanooga has a 6'10" transfer from ODU that towers over the SoCon. The ability to out rebound a larger team makes it possible for Karl to go off on them. Then, to have more assists than turnovers really is a telling stat. It's a team, and even when one guy is so important, the team has to make it go.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball