The Real Season Begins

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

The Real Season Begins

Postby boulder3m on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:43 am

OK, the tune ups are over, and we carry a great record into the regular season. We start and end the conference regular season with two on the road. Saturday and Monday are games that we need to win to get off to the start we want. If Eric could play 28 minutes at Duke maybe we can get 30 from him these tow games-we need that. KC seems to be shooting better, and Justin Gordon shows flashes of erratic brilliance. If we play defense the way we can it creates lots of offensive possibilities for our guys. MY has gotten some great experience for the freshmen and the other regulars in what seems to be a 9-10 player rotation. For the legs and health of everyone we need to have a big rotation to give our guys some rest. Basketball takes a big toll on the players, and the ability to sit a little gives then a chance to see the game and think about what needs to be done when they are back out. We have to really like our situation going into league play. As Coach Young says, we will get the best shot from every team we play from here on out. This is going to be a fun ride.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: The Real Season Begins

Postby ARTerrier on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 pm

ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 pm

This 3 pm game is on television.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

This 3 pm game is on television.

ld are you referring to the American Sports Network ? That is where I saw the game will be televised although on the internet. If it is on regular TV I do not know about it. Here is the link for ASN http://www.americansportsnet.com/schedu ... 2015-01-09
Loyalterrier

Postby lawdog on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 pm

In Piedmont N.C., my sports page says it is on WMYV-48 ("MY-TV"), which is Time Warner channel 15 or HD 1215.

It also looks like your link is free ... correct?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:01 am

The SoCon Digital Network should also work, although the commentators will likely be biased toward the Samford side.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby ARTerrier on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:42 am

Loyalterrier wrote:This 3 pm game is on television.

ld are you referring to the American Sports Network ? That is where I saw the game will be televised although on the internet. If it is on regular TV I do not know about it. Here is the link for ASN http://www.americansportsnet.com/schedu ... 2015-01-09

So this link should have an Internet broadcast? I've never watched a game on ASN, so I'm not sure how they work.
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:58 am

NIce find guys. That will be a good lead in to the Panthers game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 am

I think the link is free but I really don't know for sure. I tested it on another live game a few days back and it worked at least for a few minutes. If not there is always the SoCondn. And yes it is an internet broadcast even though the game is also shown on regular TV. Remember not too many years ago when it was rare that any Terrier game - basketball, football, etc - could be found on any broadcast of any kind but now there are plenty of games to watch.

This year could be special for the Terriers but it will be tough. seems like any team could beat any other team. Basketball favors the home team so we need to bring our A game for every game especially the away games.

Update - I checked on SoCondn but did not find the game. I could easily have missed it though. Now I plan to watch the ASN broadcast. Yesterday the ASN link was not on the Terriers website but now it is.

GO TERRIERS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Loyalterrier

Postby ARTerrier on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks, LT. Yes, we're very blessed to be able to watch games these days. I know I am.

Some further confirmation from broadcaster Darren Goldwater (who I assume has the ASN call) on Twitter this morning:
@DarrenGoldwater: If you can't find @WoffordMBB v @SamfordHoopsFOE in local listings, I BELIEVE it will also stream live here: http://t.co/YpwYJxpApX
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:18 pm

the American Sports Network weblink is working fine for me.
Terriers off to a slow start, but Samford isn't scoring either
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Terriers starting to pull away in 2nd half. Up 10. Freshman continue to impress. Jackson especially.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Karl Cochran is amazing. Has taken over the game defensively.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Decent win. Sammy was coming off four pretty good wins, and probably was very confident. Our guys coming off getting hammered twice and had to get back aggresssive. Garcia was tough. KC was credited with four blocks, but played a very complete game on the defensive end. We have three bigs who can play, and need to get PT. Our guys aren't scared to mix it up with anyone. I would think we will get more rough stuff on Monday night at Chatty. Would love for KC to think "slo mo" as he shoots any shot. Gordon needs to take advantage of his athletic abilities and score when he gets near the basket. Our guys showed a flash of pretty good play for about the first twelve minutes of the second half. Build on that and put it all together against Chatty.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:26 pm

I thought the network did a very good job with the broadcast and the announcers had some insightful observations; they obviously did their homework.

Collins needs to get more aggressive on offense and make a move or two to get his soft jumper. Can't just wait for the D to leave you open; get to the hoop or create some space for a shot; be more active on the glass.

Skinner needs to get more confidence facing the basket, with a move to the basket or ten-footer. He is quick enough for that.

Swinton, Brooks, and Jackson made some nice contributions.

Cochrane did some amazing things, especially in the second half.

Garcia had no turnovers; has lost ten pounds, eating only pureed food, since breaking his jaw.
We only shot 60% at the FT line; need to do better.
Overall a nice win. We will have many close games in the SoCon this year.
Last edited by lawdog on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball