Sawvell?

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Sawvell?

Postby Peachy Carnahan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:11 am

I did not see Ryan Sawvell on the bench or play during the game. Is he eligible this year?
Peachy Carnahan
Junior Terrier

Re: Sawvell?

Postby Ruckus on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 am

Sawvell was sitting on the bench, in a dark suit and tie, next to McKnight at the end of the players.
He is not eligible this year and had knee surgery over the summer.
But we have him for 2 years beginning next year.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Peachy Carnahan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Appreciate it Ruck.
Peachy Carnahan
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Did not know about the knee surgery; hope he recovers fully. He could be a key next year, without Skinner and Neumann.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:46 pm

With Sawvell not yet eligible and McKnight being red shirted it is really tempting to look forward. Our basketball program is in fantastic shape. This year's early season schedule is as good as we have ever seen. If we keep this up we will be invited to one of the biggies played in Hawaii or the Islands. However, looking at this year's team, we all have reason to really be excited about the prospects. I know it is tempting to have expectations that are too high, but I doubt our expectations will be higher than those of our team. We have real players and true leaders, and that is a combination we can all get behind. I know it is not fair to compare, but our team is better than a number of teams with household names. A ticket to a Wofford game may be the cheapest and best value in basketball.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Is CJ a junior or a senior? Wofford's roster seems to indicate that he's a junior. I think Gordon will continue to increase his share of the minutes and probably replace CJ in the starting lineup, as he already has in a few games this season. Still I appreciate his work ethic and having his senior leadership to help guide our young bigs like Cameron Jackson & Sawvell next year would be great.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Gordon is a beast. His work in the weight room is obvious. He has really built himself up. Very explosive and has nice moves in the post now.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Gordon's jump hook is a thing of beauty. I can't wait to see Jackson's development over the course of this year and into next season after a year in a college weight room and training table. The potential for our post next year is through the roof and I'm optimistic we won't see much of a drop off with Skinner's graduation.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball