Changes Coming Next Season

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Changes Coming Next Season

Postby ARTerrier on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Well, it looks like y'all have already been discussing the topic, so I apologize if you've already heard this, I'm a little late.
I've been working on this for a few days; this is an article about some of the new faces/transferring players, etc. we should see next season.

http://talkinterriers.blogspot.com/2014 ... 14-15.html

Also, thanks for your readership. Now reached over 5,000 visits. Appreciate it!
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Changes Coming Next Season

Postby lawdog on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Interesting that Grossenbacher is transferring. He is an upstanding young man and good student, although he played very little. I am sure Terrier fans thank him and wish him the best.

As someone else said on the board recently, sometimes losing players indicates that you have a lot of talent, and transfers are simply seeking a chance to play elsewhere. That is the case here.

ARTerrier, congratulations on reaching your milestone. I always look forward to reading your insights.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby ARTerrier on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:52 pm

I remember reading on the board that Jarrel Byrd may have transferred due to lack of playing time, perhaps it was the same with Grossenbacher? Wish him the very best with the remainder of his career and what the future holds.

Thank you for reading & for the response, lawdog.
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:55 pm

I am guessing here because I have absolutely no info about Grossenbacher or Sawvell. But it seems it would be a big coincidence if Grossenbacher is transferring for any reason that is not related to Sawvell's arrival as a new Terrier. They are the same height and Grossenbacher is about 20 lbs heavier. So Grossenbacher sees the writing on the wall and has determined that with the other big guys ahead of him his chances of playing more were not good and with Sawvell the chances got even worse. He has played only sparingly so far so his playing time would probably have gone to almost none at all. Very disheartening. I wish him luck and hope he fairs well wherever he goes.
Loyalterrier

Return to Men's Basketball