Latest in bracketology

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Latest in bracketology

Postby dungeonjoe on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 pm

When they announce the game time, post it here please.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm not upset. I think our presence in the dance 3 if the last 5 years probably got us the 15 seed. I also watched Mich St. totally disrupt Mich with hard-nosed, man to man D today which is something our Terriers know a little bit about. Mich likes to shoot 3's and we play pretty stingy deny D on the perimeter. They are long and athletic so we will need to play smart ball control offense and stay out of foul trouble. I think we are in this one if it is a low scoring game. Go Dogs!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby jorober18 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Like the match up, Michigan is NOT big, they like dribble penetration or the three. I like our defense against them.

Tough test, but we can hang!
jorober18
True Terrier Fan

Postby JerseyTerrier on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Woffordgrad94 - to be honest, there really wasn't any "snippiness" in reply your post. However, I've read this board since I've played here. You are primarily the main contributor on this board to post negative commentary (not saying negative commentary isn't justified on occasion). But it is what it is - and if I had to place a bet on the 1st person to post something negative about the matchup - you'd be my guess. So I guess that's where the "shocker" comment comes in. I wholeheartedly apologize if saying "shocker" was out of bounds because I didn't come to the board to be that guy. Again, it is what it is and you absolutely may be correct in your displeasure with the Michigan pull. I for one think it was good to stay away from Zona, Florida, UVA and the other 2 seeds (outside of Wisconsin that beat UM handily a week ago) but I could absolutely be wrong as well. The one thing I do know - is that I'm stoked for Wofford to be dancing.
JerseyTerrier

Postby JerseyTerrier on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Also - our Asst Coach Nichols played in Beilein's system at WVU. So I'm assuming he will be able to break down UM pretty well which is a huge plus.
JerseyTerrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Well I do tend to post what is on my mind concerning Wofford athletics. If some people find it to be negative at times, then so be it. But you'll be hard-pressed to find as big a Wofford fan as me- I live and die with these programs, make no mistake. But I don't ever deny someone else their opinion though, and I try to respect all posters and their right to post what they wish as long as it is not against forum rules. But you're okay Jersey. I've had worse responses to what I've posted before. Heck, sometimes they're even justified! :mrgreen: Anyway, Wofford is in a doozy of a region, probably the toughest overall of the four. We have undefeated Wichita State, our opponent Michigan, Duke, and Louisville as the top four seeds. Whoever advances out of this Midwest Region will have earned it! But it is not unprecedented for a 15 seed to make a run, Florida Gulf Coast got to the Sweet 16 last year. Why not the Wofford Terriers this year? When you play D the way our guys have been doing lately, you have a shot. Anything's possible. March Madness, baby- expect the unexpected!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:31 am

Interestingly, the SoConSports.com site seems most excited about the CBI matchup between two dominant "SoCon" programs.

I know most articles the SoCon produces are actually written by school AD's.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball