2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Postby lawdog on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Selection show for NCAA Tournament Sunday, March 16

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – On Monday night in the finals of the Southern Conference Tournament at U.S. Cellular Center in Asheville, N.C., the Wofford men's basketball team downed Western Carolina 56-53 to win the championship. The Terriers earned the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament for the third time in the past five years.

The NCAA Selection Show to announce the brackets for teams in the tournament and when and where they will play will air at 6 p.m. Sunday, March 16, on CBS.

The public is invited to join head coach Mike Young, the Wofford team and its fans for the selection show in Leonard Auditorium in Main Building. The doors will open at 5 p.m., and highlights and other activities will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. At 6 p.m., the team and the audience will watch as the announcement is made on who the Terriers' opponent will be and when and where the game will be held.

The event is free, and seating is first come, first serve.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Postby boulder3m on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm sure you, like me, have seen the crawl on ESPN indicating teams that are "in" with Wofford from the Southern. They go onto state "0" wins against top 50 teams and a low RPI. I would point out that for a mid-major team like ourselves it is very difficult to get wins over a top 50 team. If we are very good they won't play us, and, if they do play us it is always at their place early in the season. In our last 22 games we are 17-5. No one is saying we are world beaters, but we are a much better team than we were during the first 10 games. A basketball guru who digs deep enough will find Wofford to be a team more worthy than their RPI. Make any of the top 50 teams only play other top teams on the road and their record might be a little different!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball