Elon game

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Elon game

Postby Hobo on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks for the report, LD, and glad some Terriers were there to see it!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:17 am

We actually ran into a few other Wofford folks on the way out, so we had a few there. I will ditto LawDog's words. Karl Cochran was fabulous. First, he was guarding Elon's premier 3 point shooter named Isenbarger. Before the game they honored him for breaking the Elon all time 3 point record for a career last Saturday. KC OWNED him for most of the game. MY took KC off of him late-probably to give KC a little rest and keep his legs strong. Isenbarger made his ONE 3 point shot-from about 28 feet out- during that time. He will be seeing KC in his nightmares for weeks to come! Then Karl got hot from the 3 point line and made about 5 in a row. When he finally missed, the ball went in and out. We played two freshmen quite a bit. Allen did a good job. Eric Garcia was fantastic. He is solid, sees the floor well, and knows his teammates. He also made a crucial 3 at a very critical point. Lee Skinner is a force. I don't know how many fouls were committed against him, but he shot 15 free throws (and made 13). Spencer Collins and CJ Neumann were solid, and really held their own against some BIG Elon front liners. Elon is loaded with upper classmen, and has 5 seniors being honored on Saturday. This was a quality win against a veteran team coming off 8 straight wins and playing at home. For anyone wondering about the state of Wofford basketball-here's the answer. It's just fine, thank you...NEXT!!!!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 am

the radio guys mentioned that Elon had 4 1000 point scorers on the court, so, as mentioned above, they were loaded. So proud of this team!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 am

One more side note. If you don't realize how good Mark and Thom do with our radio games, just tune into some of the other schools we play.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball