GSU Thursday Night

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

GSU Thursday Night

Postby boulder3m on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Every game is critical now, with only a half game lead for third. We need to hold serve against GSU before we head down to take care of business against The Citadel. Our guys seem to have learned that we win with defense, and they are truly gutting it out against some pretty good competition.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: GSU Thursday Night

Postby Hobo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 pm

I will be heading to the BenJo and cheering for a football/basketball sweep of GSU. Also all the students are back on campus so hoping for a big turnout.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:57 pm

7:00. WOLI-AM.com.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocomouth on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I will be tuned in from Texas to the best broadcasting crew in the SoCon. Let's get this win Terriers!!!!
wocomouth
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm

7:59 left 1st half tied 16-16. Both teams playing solid D. One of their players was talking junk to our student section after a basket- typical classy GSU. I'm glad they are out of the SoCon.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Terriers erase a 13 point second half deficit to win 74-61. GSU only managed 9 points, including just 2 field goals, in the last 12.5 minutes of the game. A huge win for Wofford and a crushing defeat for GSU. Karl Cochran had a career high 29 points. Lee Skinner had another double double with 11 points and 13 rebounds. Spencer Collins had 19 points.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Really like the momentum we are developing ...and at the right time of the year. Coach Y saw it coming several weeks ago when he said we were going to be right in the middle of the hunt.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Wow! What an amazing game to have seen live! I am still processing what the Terriers did in the second half bc it happened so fast. The refs didn't have the best of games and the crowd let em have it. Y'all might have heard me yelling on the radio. Students showed up. Great atmosphere. Proud to be a Terrier tonight.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Hobo- Because of the camera position it always looks like a poor crowd. Not many seated behind the visitor bench or on that side. The side where the camera is located must have all the students. It was another good win for our guys. GSU was acting cocky early and then we just stuffed them. Our guys played hard and smart again, and proved that defense will win. Great half-time adjustment by the coaches to overcome that match up zone. GSU has some tall trees and they were dominating the boards early. Hard work overcame it. Now onto Charleston and a needed road win.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 pm

http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2014/ ... ath=mbball Hard to beat when we play like we did in the second half.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:35 am

I can't get over how much Lee Skinner has improved over the course of this season. It seems like something has just clicked with him. Not sure if that is Tim Johnson's influence or what, but his positioning and foot movement on the blocks is so much better than earlier in the season. He needs some help down there though. Big guy had to give us 37 minutes last night. Could be trouble down the road if he gets in foul trouble.

Cochran is just playing lights out. Him not starting earlier in the year must have lit a fire under him.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 am

boulder3m wrote:Hobo- Because of the camera position it always looks like a poor crowd. Not many seated behind the visitor bench or on that side. The side where the camera is located must have all the students. It was another good win for our guys. GSU was acting cocky early and then we just stuffed them. Our guys played hard and smart again, and proved that defense will win. Great half-time adjustment by the coaches to overcome that match up zone. GSU has some tall trees and they were dominating the boards early. Hard work overcame it. Now onto Charleston and a needed road win.

You are correct on the side behind the GSU bench. There weren't many people there at all. The students are behind our bench, and that was pretty much full. I sit on the opposite side from the benches and it also was pretty filled out. Note: both the national anthem and the halftime show were done by elementary school students, so the kids along with their parents in attendance helped with the numbers and noise too.
However, because the refs didn't have their best game, a lot of the grey hairs in the padded seats were standing up, gesticulating and yelling. Loved it!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Hobo-Thanks for the observations. It's really hard to get much from the purchased online TV. It does give up to date stats, however, which is pretty neat. SHD- I agree that Skinner is an amazing improvement. His footwork is light years from where he used to be. As for Cochran- he just seems to get it now. He was just a wild card the last two years. The talent was there, but very erratically. Now he understands we have other options, and he can use his talents to make them better. The great players get their teammates involved, and he is learning to do that. I know we hear "let the game come to you" quite often, but that really is what Karl has learned to do. If he is not in the running for conference POY or at least first team all conference there is no justice.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Karl Cochran is my favorite for the 2014-15 SoCon player of the year. I think he gets all SoCon this season.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:36 pm

The big 3 in my opinion are Skinner, Cochran, and Collins.

Who needs Lebron, Bosh, and D-Wade when you have those 3?!
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball