Anything going to be done to help the basketball team?

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby wocogoose94 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 am

Who would you expect Wofford to be on par with as far as basketball budgets go? A team in the Big South, Sun Belt, Trans American, etc? Certainly not any school that has a FBS football team.

Postby milesy20 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:17 pm

wocogoose94 wrote:Worry about being competitive in the SOCON before worrying about attracting quality non-conference opponents

I think this is the (slightly obvious) key. Wofford FB did not receive such attention until we made our presence known in the SoCon. Until we can win the SoCon and earn a bid to the dance, the Terriers BB team may be relegated to obscurity. :(
Class of 1998
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:47 pm

You can't really compare us to many schools in the country for Division I athletics. Our enrollment will always be near the bottom and so will our budgets especially in a national financial crisis. We have always had to do more with less and will continue in that vein unless we have some mega-donors. We continue to find other major projects on and off campus so until those are completed we'll have to make do with what we've got.....unless I win the lottery this weekend and then I'll make amends to the problem.
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball