Terriers go down hard at Clemson

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Terriers go down hard at Clemson

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am

Lost 93-40. The Terriers certainly looked like a last-place team tonight. I know Clemson's pretty good now, but they're not that good. All my encouragement from the Dayton game is gone for now. I just hope we can get better, or this might be one of Mike Young's worst years, which is really saying something. I hate to be so negative, but I just feel negative after this one. I feel I wasted my six bucks to watch it. I do hold out hope that we can improve and be competitive in the Southern Conference, though. I just hope it's not "false hope", if you know what I mean.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby saeswank on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 am

It was ugly. I was there and wish I stay home and it would have saved me the speeding ticket home. It reminded me of the App St game this year, tied at 14 then they destroyed us. I think our coaching staff/team had never seen a full court press before. Also, we can not keep a line up in the game for more than 3 minutes before MY does a line change. Seriously, after a few minutes into the game, he took out the whole line up. How does a team play together if you consistantly change the line-up? Just my thoughts. If we played the way we did last night, Stephen Curry is going to put 50 points on us.
saeswank

Postby FollyDog on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:13 am

I was there too. The players did not display much motivation and were timid and did not hustle on either offense or defense except for Martin and Dahman. The freshman guards were good ballhandlers but not prepared. The players and and the coaches showed a lack of confidence and there was no game plan to deal with Clemson. We looked totally unable to handled the press. There were so many lineup changes and could not understand why Salters did not play more.
FollyDog
Terrier Pup

Postby ShortHairedDog on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:33 am

Oh, Curry will score 50 on us. We just have to hold the rest of the team to -6 since we score an average of 45 pts per game.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:11 am

Same song, different verse
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby terriers on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 am

Thank goodness its still football season.
terriers

Postby mjtorg on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:32 pm

:wink: Turnovers were killers. Clemson is a good team and tough underneath. Dahlman played well and Salters was cold. Things will get better with the young guys getting experience. Next year should be decent with the two new guys from Minny.
mjtorg

Return to Men's Basketball