Basketball practice started

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby dude on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:10 am

Replacing Drew Gibson is the biggest question mark, without a doubt, in my opinion. Shane Nichols was terrific at times, but I think he played hurt a LOT last season and was really limited. I'm hearing some good things about the freshmen, and I think Noah Dahlman and Tim Johnson could combine to become a real strong tandem around the basket.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:
wocogoose94 wrote:What would be considered a successful season in 08-09?

I thought last year was alright. Better than most years.

SoCon Tournament win
Finished ahead of someone in the standings other than just The Citadel

Honestly, what would constitute success in basketball for Wofford?

To me, success in 08/09 would be seeing the team come out fired up for each game, and, after the break, come out fired up again. I don't know how many wins vs. loses this equals, but I betcha the games will be entertaining and the win/loss thing will take care of itself. I think we have some of the better athletes and I know we have the best student/athletes in the Socon. It's up to the coaching staff to properly motivate the the team. To my eye, that has been lacking under MY.
Rowdy

Postby BigJohn94 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 pm

The problem doesn't lie with the boys on the court, it lies within the Wofford traditions. The problem is, we won't get rid of a coach unless he/she does something morally or ethically wrong. MY is a RJ disciple, therefore you know that RJ has a soft spot for him. We don't have a coach who can take the team to the next level. RJ was a fiery coach and was fairly good on the D-II level. hen we moved up to the DI level and MY was named coach, it seems like we lost a lot of that so-called desire. If we want to be competitive in the SoCon, we should probably get someone who can recruit, coach and motivate.
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby wocogoose94 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Wofford doesnt need the same love fest that is surrounding the Clemson football debacle now
wocogoose94

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball