Basketball practice started

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby Rowdy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm

i77cat wrote:No binding here. No defensiveness. So, were you really curious about whether or not we play football at Davidson? I doubt you are really that uninformed. I'd like to see Davidson return to playing Southern Conference football, but I seriously doubt that it will happen. Southern Conference football certainly doesn't need Davidson, and Davidson doesn't need Southern Conference football. The current situation seems to meet everyone's needs. Why are you dissatisfied with it?

One nice benefit to Davidson playing SoCon football would be all the other members of the conference could pencil in a "W" next to the Davidson game at the beginning of the year. (Heck, might as well put it in ink).
Rowdy

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Rowdy wrote:One nice benefit to Davidson playing SoCon football would be all the other members of the conference could pencil in a "W" next to the Davidson game at the beginning of the year. (Heck, might as well put it in ink).

Unfortunately this is what Davidson has been able to do as of lately when they see the likes of Wofford, or ANY other socon team on their basketball schedule.
beacon_fan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 am

Rowdy wrote:
i77cat wrote:No binding here. No defensiveness. So, were you really curious about whether or not we play football at Davidson? I doubt you are really that uninformed. I'd like to see Davidson return to playing Southern Conference football, but I seriously doubt that it will happen. Southern Conference football certainly doesn't need Davidson, and Davidson doesn't need Southern Conference football. The current situation seems to meet everyone's needs. Why are you dissatisfied with it?

One nice benefit to Davidson playing SoCon football would be all the other members of the conference could pencil in a "W" next to the Davidson game at the beginning of the year. (Heck, might as well put it in ink).

Rowdy, nice deflection from the fact that Davidson will most likely beat us by a combined 100 points this year.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:17 am

ShortHairedDog wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

Rowdy, nice deflection from the fact that Davidson will most likely beat us by a combined 100 points this year.

One day the Curry kid will graduate and Davidson will go from a great BB team to just a very good one. Then we'll only lose by a combined 25 points.
Rowdy

Postby wocogoose94 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am

When did Wofford get a basketball team?
wocogoose94

Postby Rowdy on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:33 pm

wocogoose94 wrote:When did Wofford get a basketball team?

Many games I'm not really sure we have one, but we do play a SoCon schedule. No wusses here.
Rowdy

Postby ShortHairedDog on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Rowdy,
This is the basketball portion of the forum. We don't compete with anybody in the Socon in basketball (football team or not). Our lack of success on the basketball court is a Wofford problem...end of story.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby i77cat on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:26 am

Rowdy wrote:

Correct. So why would you want Davidson to play Southern Conference football? We played football in the conference for many, many years. The Southern is a great football conference. Davidson would not be competitive. But we still provide some great benefits to the conference as a whole and to the football programs in particular. Just wait until the NCAA tournament payouts from our Elite Eight run hit your coffers.
i77cat

Postby wocogoose94 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:40 am

Why is anyone even thinking, much less talking about basketball and the upcoming season now?
wocogoose94

Postby dude on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm certainly mostly focused on football right now. But I'm ALWAYS interested in preseason basketball reports. And I think we have a chance to have an exciting season in 2008-09. We have some young players who I think will be fun to watch.

I think it's too bad that the best discussion we can drum up is either totally dismissive of our basketball program or centered on whether or not Davidson should play SoCon football.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby i77cat on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 pm

By the way, if you are planning to attend the 1/24/09 game at Davidson you might want to go ahead and get your tickets now. Davidson sold a whole lot more season tickets this year and remaining single-game tickets are going pretty quickly. Saturday games should all approach sell outs. Some games are already sold out.
i77cat

Postby wocogoose94 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

The football team is in the top 5 and has their biggest game of the year so far this weekend. Who cares about preseason basketball practice notes? Seriously, why would anything think that Wofford would be better than last year in mens basketball? Regardless of record, the coach isnt going to be let go or "reassigned". What would be considered a successful season in 08-09?
wocogoose94

Postby dude on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:50 am

Well, I guess I'm a big enough Terrier fan to be excited about two sports at one time.

And I would hope the start of the season isn't time to arguing about the coach or whatever. I'm hopeful we're going to have a good team this season.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 am

wocogoose94 wrote:What would be considered a successful season in 08-09?

I thought last year was alright. Better than most years.

SoCon Tournament win
Finished ahead of someone in the standings other than just The Citadel

Honestly, what would constitute success in basketball for Wofford?
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby wocogoose94 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 am

And Wofford had 4 returning starters on last years team and they only went .500
wocogoose94

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball