Terriers top Furman

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Terriers top Furman

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm

The Dogs jumped out to a 13-0 lead and coasted to an easy win over Furman, 75-42. Shane Nichols and Noah Dahlman both played and had good games with 13 points and 11 points respectively. Dahlman also collected 6 rebounds. Having these two back and playing well is a very encouraging thing for us. As is the play of sophomore Cory Godzinski, who got into double figures again today with 11 points- this guy is shaping up as a threat both inside and outside! Drew Gibson had 18 to lead the team.

It is not often that we win so comfortably over a conference foe, home or away. We are definitely at a high point in Terrier basketball right now, and hopefully we'll keep it going. Our next one is a toughie, on the road at UNC-Greensboro Thursday night.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Very good showing by the Terriers and they did it in front of the largest crowd of the season. The reported attendance was 2,391
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby terriers on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Regardless of the circumstances, nothing is sweeter than a win
over Furman.
terriers

Postby BossTerrier on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

fantastic job keeping the petal to the metal with this win...we never let up and therefore furman never got back in the game. We seem to be playing well right now...hopefully we can keep it up-great win T-Dogs!...over FU none the less.

I watched on TV and Daddy Neal was at the game...great to see him still attending!
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Rowdy on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:57 pm

terriers wrote:Regardless of the circumstances, nothing is sweeter than a win
over Furman.

Gotta disagree with you on this one terriers, Davidson is the sweetest one. Especially in the tournament when we go to the big dance in place of those arrogant b@#%&*$^.
Rowdy

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:29 am

terriers wrote:Regardless of the circumstances, nothing is sweeter than a win over Furman.

Rowdy wrote:Gotta disagree with you on this one terriers, Davidson is the sweetest one. Especially in the tournament when we go to the big dance in place of those arrogant b@#%&*$^.

This is a tough call. I don't care much for either foe. But, at least Furman isn't afraid to field a legitimate football team. I'll revel in the victory over the Paladins, and hope for one over the Wildcats in a tournament rematch.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby terriers on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Obviously age is a major factor here. You youngsters have not
suffered through the many humiliating defeats by the purps that
I have. The 33 point margin was not enough for me. I'm sure
most fellows who finished Wofford in the '5Os and earlier would
agree with me.

Regardless, all is well as long as you support the Terrriers.
terriers

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Well said, terriers. I agree that you can't beat Furman badly enough. They truly are "The Evil Empire" as far as I am concerned.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby 94cat on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Rowdy wrote:Davidson...those arrogant b@#%&*$^.

Classy. :roll:
94cat

Postby terrierbob on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:31 am

94cat wrote:

Signs of respect :wink:
terrierbob

Postby Rowdy on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 am

94cat wrote:

I'm guessing things are pretty slow over on the Davidson board since you guys don't play real football anymore. Why else would you hang out on our board? Maybe you could start a thread on your big football rivalry with Wingate over on your board to occupy some time?
Rowdy

Postby Ruckus on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:32 am

Come on now; everyone is welcome here. Let's don't get too fired up over some comments by a Davidson fan. After all, Davidson is just a basketball school and without them the SoCon would not have a competitive team in the tourney.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby terrierbob on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 am

Ruckus wrote:Come on now; everyone is welcome here. Let's don't get too fired up over some comments by a Davidson fan. After all, Davidson is just a basketball school and without them the SoCon would not have a competitive team in the tourney.

Exactly.
terrierbob

Postby Rowdy on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am

Ruckus wrote:Come on now; everyone is welcome here. Let's don't get too fired up over some comments by a Davidson fan. After all, Davidson is just a basketball school and without them the SoCon would not have a competitive team in the tourney.

Didn't say they weren't welcome. Just suggesting ways to make Davidson's board more interesting since all they have to talk about is basketball.
Rowdy

Postby JoMo on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:18 am

[quote="Rowdy"][quote="94cat"][quote="Rowdy"]Davidson...those arrogant b@#%&*$^.[/quote]

Classy. :roll:[/quote]

I'm guessing things are pretty slow over on the Davidson board since you guys don't play real football anymore. Why else would you hang out on our board? Maybe you could start a thread on your big football rivalry with Wingate over on your board to occupy some time?[/quote]

Rowdy,

It's all a matter of perspective. BCS schools don't think that Wofford plays "real" football either. Are they correct? Michigan didn't think that App played "real" football. See where that got them. Davidson plays real football; we just don't pay our players to pay (which is - in essence - what a football scholarship is). The time, effort and energy put in by the Davidson players is the same as that put in by the Wofford players. The only difference might be the level of play and that is debatable (and the only way we will know is if we settle it on the field). I would think that you would be so sick of people from Clemson, USC, UGA, etc. saying that Wofford doesn't play "real" football, that you would be reluctant to use this verbal attack.

To the vast majority of America, both Wofford and Davidson do not play "real" football or "real" basketball. Does that make the efforts of the players or the passion of the fans any less real?
JoMo

Next

Return to Men's Basketball