More Injuries

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

More Injuries

Postby Rowdy on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 am

Looks like we have two scholarship players out with injuries (Nichols and Dalhman). That means we're going head to head with schools playing eleven scholarship players versus our seven, and, in the past three games anyway, beat them. I'd say one heck of a coaching job by MY.

http://goupstate.com/article/20080127/N ... 018/SPORTS
Rowdy

Postby fgs44 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:46 am

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the last time I asked Richard Johnson about the number of bb scholarships we were up to, he said 11. That was last fall, and i don't know if we have 11 bb players on scholarship yet, but I believe we will be there.
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:48 am

fgs44 wrote:I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the last time I asked Richard Johnson about the number of bb scholarships we were up to, he said 11. That was last fall, and i don't know if we have 11 bb players on scholarship yet, but I believe we will be there.

Last I talked to RJ, we were two short. That's been about a year ago. I hope you're correct in this recall of your conversation. Nothing would be better than being on a somewhat equal footing with the SoCon competition.
Rowdy

Postby beacon_fan on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Rowdy wrote:
fgs44 wrote:I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the last time I asked Richard Johnson about the number of bb scholarships we were up to, he said 11. That was last fall, and i don't know if we have 11 bb players on scholarship yet, but I believe we will be there.

Last I talked to RJ, we were two short. That's been about a year ago. I hope you're correct in this recall of your conversation. Nothing would be better than being on a somewhat equal footing with the SoCon competition.

This is my understanding as well. I also hear that we are 'close' to getting 1 additional scholarship that would only put us 1 behind the competition. I don't know the time frame for this addition, but I don't think it's happened yet.
beacon_fan

Postby Sparklepup on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Looks like we have two scholarship players out with injuries (Nichols and Dalhman

I think Nichols may be able to play tonight. Dahlman's injury looked pretty bad from the stands Sat. night but he should be back this season.[/b]
Sparklepup

Postby Rowdy on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 am

Wofford senior guard Shane Nichols, the team's leading scorer this season at 15 points per game, returned after missing three games because of an ankle injury but left with about six minutes remaining and was done for the night. He watched the exciting conclusion with an ice bag on his foot.

The above is from the Spartanburg paper. I understand from listening to MY on the radio that this "re-injury" occurred when he came down from shooting a 3 pointer and it isn't thought to be serious.

I'm beginning to think the team plays better without Shane in the star role. Looks like the other guys step up their game when he's out.
Rowdy

Return to Men's Basketball