Wofford-Alabama

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Wofford-Alabama

Postby terrierbob on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:25 pm

We're televised on CSS, leading 21-15. We're something like 6 of 8 from the 3 point arc.
terrierbob

Postby terrierbob on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:31 pm

We're up 26-18, 7:23 in the 1st.
terrierbob

Postby terrierbob on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:53 pm

37-36 at the half.
terrierbob

Postby 94cat on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Let's hope you guys can continue shooting the lights out from 3 point range.
94cat

Postby terrierbob on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 pm

94cat wrote:Let's hope you guys can continue shooting the lights out from 3 point range.

We've gone cold from the perimeter but are now getting more shots in the paint. Behind by 3, though.
terrierbob

Postby 94cat on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 pm

I hope you pull off the big upset.
94cat

Postby dude on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Under a minute left. Looks like we won't win. But I hope this is a confidence builder for the team.

Did they say Tim JOhnson has had a double-double? Wow.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby 94cat on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:28 pm

I do have a random question.

It appeared that the head coach was wearing khaki pants and a golf shirt on the bench/sideline. Why was he not wearing a tie? I can't think of many coaches right this minute (other than Bobby Knight and his sweater) that don't wear a tie (initially with a coat, which often gets removed during the game).

I just found that a bit surprising for some reason. The Bama coach had on a suit. I would have expected the Wofford coach to be better dressed. With all due respect, he looked like he had on glorified practice gear.
94cat

Postby dude on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 pm

Not sure....Mike is usually well-dressed, in traditional garb....assistants, too. Could have something to do with the road trip thing. I don't know.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:43 pm

I've seen Mike on the bench as head coach and assistant over many, many years and I've never seen him in anything but a suit. In fact, Mike was voted best dressed assistant coach in Div. 1, several years ago. I don't get CSS here in Charlotte, just what Time Warner wants to feed me (and you can thank god you don't have to put up with TW if you have another service provider) so I didn't see the game. My guess is the luggage got lost.
Rowdy

Postby 94cat on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 am

I called my father and asked him about that when I saw it earlier. He said he had no idea. He mentioned something about his being voted best dressed something or another.

Assuming that they did fly (and I would assume that they did), I told my father that the luggage probably got lost, too, and he had to scramble to scrape together a Wofford shirt that fit him, and possibly had to send somebody to the store for him to buy some pants in Alabama.

If I hadn't known any better, I'd think he was dressed for one of those early season tournaments in Hawaii or Puerto Rico or something. :lol:
94cat

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:25 pm

We played good and represented ourselves and the SoCon very well in Tuscolusa (sp?). This wasn't a conference game, and it was against an SEC foe, so no biggie. It would have been nice to win, but oh well. We at least didn't embarrass ourselves like we did against Wisconsin on ESPN2. Good game, Terriers.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Without knowing, I assume that since this was the first game of the Las Vegas Classic, the coaches were allowed to dress casual for the game.

The entire coaching staff was casual so I assume that was the case. As for why Gottfried had on a suit, who knows.

That's my theory.
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby SCterrier on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:00 am

The tourney is a casual tourney. The coaching staff at Alabama either did not receive or read the email that the tourney sent out. Young discussed this with the 'Bama coach yesterday.
SCterrier

Return to Men's Basketball