Wofford @ Wisconsin on ESPN2

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Wofford @ Wisconsin on ESPN2

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:26 pm

After a quick 5-0 start, we are now down 11-0. We haven't scored in the last 6 minutes. It's good to see that Gibson playing again. Shane and Matt are both on the bench in street clothes.
beacon_fan

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:41 pm

31-13 this is getting ugly.
beacon_fan

Postby Rowdy on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:51 pm

About time to go to bed.
Rowdy

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Halftime: 38-20
beacon_fan

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 pm

48-31 with 12 min to play.
beacon_fan

Postby dude on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:50 pm

I think it will REALLY help to have Shane Nichols back in the line-up. We just don't have a lot of guys who can get their own shots and who can nail the outside shot routinely.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby beacon_fan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:03 am

dude wrote:I think it will REALLY help to have Shane Nichols back in the line-up. We just don't have a lot of guys who can get their own shots and who can nail the outside shot routinely.

It will really help to get Shane and Estep back. Gibson is good at creating off the dribble and dishing. He isn't as good at creating his own shot. Right now we don't have the 3pt threats on the wing that we need to be effective.

btw, 70-43 final.
beacon_fan

Postby mjtorg on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:58 am

:oops: Look at the turnovers and assists. Poor ball handling and virtually no help from Whatley underneath. Looks like we need 2 more starters.
mjtorg

Postby terrierbob on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 am

Whwn is Nichols projected to be back?
terrierbob

Postby beacon_fan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:24 pm

They said he could have played last night, but Young was holding him out for conference play. That makes sense to me.
beacon_fan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Well, that was absolutely horrible in front of a national audience. Looks like we played knowing conference play was right around the corner and we did not need the W.

I hope we will be ready for Saturday.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:52 pm

We couldn't have beat that team with Nichols. No ball motion, poor foul discipline, and we were overmatched in the paint. UNCG could beat us by 20. Both DI losses by >20, could be a long season. Thank God Citadel is in our league!
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby dude on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I doubt we'd have beaten Wisconsin with Shane Nichols in the line-up. But I suspect we'll look like a different team with him in the line-up. Having even one outstanding true scorer can make everything work better.

I don't know that inside play this year will be a major strength, but I think our two freshmen -- Noah Dahlman and Terry Martin -- are athletic and talented and should have a much easier time when they aren't up against 6-11 dudes.

We did foul too much, but I think our guys were trying to be aggressive against much bigger players. Also, I thought the fifth foul on Corey Godzinski was fairly ticky-tack. And did the get Junior Salters for a foul when that huge Wisconsin guy took him down and then shoved him?
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby GoldandBlack on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:40 pm

dude wrote:And did they get Junior Salters for a foul when that huge Wisconsin guy took him down and then shoved him?

Yep, they called a double foul- home cooking, without a doubt on that one.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby NCTerrier on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:24 pm

We looked way out of our league last night. Too many unforced errors. The foul situation could be chalked up to home court, but the lack of any type of offensive continuity, not to mention virtually no inside game, was disappointing. I know Wisconsin is a good team, and a good defensive club, but 43 points was pretty bad. I sure hope this gets us ready for conference play, because I doubt Taccoa Falls, Va-Wise and Lees-Mcrae did.
NCTerrier

Next

Return to Men's Basketball