2020 Recruiting

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Postby Terrierfan06 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:03 pm

that is a big deal for Pringle considering the other names on the roster.

I've heard nothing but great things on Klesmit from coaches and former players. not a fletcher magee (who is) but still a guy to build a program around potentially. I think Godwin is going to be the real deal. add Pringle and the most recent one and nothing but exciting things laying ahead.
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am

I have enjoyed watching clips of Klesmit play. He does look like the real deal. Yeah -- not a Magee-like freak-of-nature as a shooter. But he appears to have great form on his shot and enough athleticism to make things happen. Of course, that's against high school competition. If I'm not mistaken, Max gained some serious notoriety after scoring 35 or so in a tournament game against a team that had several nationally ranked prospects. Those kind of games probably don't involve high-level team defense, but impressive, nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see if he's quick enough to be a top-level scorer in the SoCon.

I think Godwin and Pringle are both guys who can run the floor and stretch defenses some. It sounds like Pringle has really developed and has been having a strong senior season. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't have a lot of D1 offers -- I suspect he would by now, though, if he hadn't signed with us.

I think the deal with Klesmit was similar. Not a lot of D1 offers before Wofford.

And Keaton Turner: I believe I read he averaged something like 7 points as a junior (maybe playing behind older guys). This season, he has been fairly prolific as a scorer.

In each of these cases, it suggests to me that our coaches have done a great job of finding guys who are on the rise and making a good pitch quickly. Perhaps this isn't an uncommon scenario for coaches and recruits at the mid-major level. It also could be that we missed on a few guys who were more established and didn't get our top target in a couple of cases. But my sense is that our coaches are really happy with the class.

I kind of think they would maybe like a wide-body, brute force type guy to play in the middle. Of course, so would most everyone -- and there's only so many of those kind of guys out there. And I think Pringle, while currently on the thin side, might have the athleticism and potential to add strength needed to become a defensive enforcer. And I'm still hoping that Appelgren will put on some more weight and become a guy who can really disrupt other teams in the paint.

We also have Morgan Safford, who I guess is officially redshirting at this point. I have heard very good things about him. So, next season, we could have a very nice and balanced 5-player freshman class. I'm looking forward to it.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrierfan06 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 am

Klesmit with 32 and 39 to finish out the year headed to playoffs.

Pringle's team is the #1 seed for their region, tourney starting on Wednesday.
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball