Georgia Tech Dec 6

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Georgia Tech Dec 6

Postby boulder3m on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Good analysis, LD. Really pleased that Storm got to make those two free throws to put us up by three. This team has potential, and we have a couple of young guys showing that they can play. As they get more experience they will be fine. Sure, we beat a very down Ga Tech team, but those are big time players minus their star, and they were a good test for our guys. We may be the Fletcher Magee show but the others are gaining confidence and it will really matter down the road.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:39 am

Yes, it was loud tonight at the JRIS. What a night. I came home watched the last 5 minutes on espn3. So great.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 am

Just saw Fletcher on Sportscenter Top Ten.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Anybody see if Zion was there last night :shock: =D>
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Atldog7 wrote:Anybody see if Zion was there last night :shock: =D>

I thought about it, but didn't see him.

I did see William McGirt there with family, which was cool.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Zion would be a contributor for just about any team next year. He would be the missing piece of the puzzle for us, and we would be tough to beat.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Fletcher was out of his mind last night. It was ridiculous. A legendary performance in a signature win.
I assure you they had his name circled, recircled, recircled and starred on their blackboard and scouting report of us. They and everyone in that building knew he was getting the ball and was the key to our team and they STILL could not stop him.
36 points he laid on an ACC team (albeit a mediocre one with its best player out).
Will go down on my highlight reel as one of the best I have ever seen. Glad I was there.
Kudos to you, Fletcher!!!! What a night!!!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

I saw Zion's coach at the game.

As others have said, a truly remarkable performance by Fletcher Magee. Kind of interesting, now that I think about it, that GT allowed him to take the winning shot at all. A double-team would have left someone else open, obviously, but still....Of course, it was well-defended. Quite a shot -- and overall game performance.

It was kind of funny. GT seemed pretty much in control, up by 8 or 10 for much of the second half. But Wofford kept pecking away, and then made a few stops late in the game. Magee obviously was the man, but there were some other guys who made plays late -- Cameron Jackson got a shot close-in, Keve Aluma made one of two free throws, Storm Murphy made two key free throws.

I like what Trevor Stumpe brings -- I think he's going to help this season.

Jackson and Matt Pegram continue to struggle offensively against tall teams, but I'm hopeful that they are going to do well in SoCon play.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

IWB with highlights and interviews. I am still so excited to have seen this live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw_iYjD ... e=youtu.be
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 pm

And this is the Sportscenter clip of Top Play #4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq3BojUwdFo
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:56 am

Another comment Cremmins made during the broadcast well before Fletch hit the game-winner...he was singing his praises and said something to the effect of I’m going to make sure folks around the country know who this young man is...which I took to mean he thinks Fletcher should get a look at the next level? Regardless, that kind of national exposure from both ESPN and people like Cremmins is great not only for Fletcher, but also for the program as a whole. ...Next on our bucket list: that elusive March Madness 1st round win.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am

Fletch is where Curry was at Davidson. If he keeps working at it (of course he will) and gets the right guidance and encouragement, like Curry did, he could have similar success. Curry really worked on his ball handling and Fletch likely will too. Working and staying focused and confident is the key because the NBA is, as Ruck would say, “no joke”.

BTW, Cremins said some very nice things about us and our coach; he is a nice guy but was one tough competitor back in the day at USC when he was a very undersized forward from the City playing with Riboch, Riker, Roach, et al.
Last edited by lawdog on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 am

Cremins plays occasionally in a charity golf event benefitting our First Tee program. I met him and discussed Wofford with him. He mentioned a lot of Wofford folks and it was obvious he has not only a lot of respect but also friendship with Wofford. It is great that he has come back from the problems that ran him out of coaching. Coaching takes a toll, regardless of the level of competition, and Bobby did a great job while he was a coach. We had Dave Odom as the color man at the South Carolina game. Both of those guys have tremendous respect from all of NCAA basketball.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 am

Odom, a Guilford alum, was always very respectful of us while at WFU, as I recall. Class act. Boulder, did you get a chance to hear Cremins at Y-MEN? He was so excited, like a kid.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball