McGirt

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: McGirt

Postby boulder3m on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Man, I wish the eagle putt on 18 had gone down. Still, the birdie put him 5 under and well within the top 30 this week. He may be inside the top 40 beginning next week's "Semi-Final" in the FedEx Cup. The wrist injury doesn't seem to be too bad. He and Sarah are living the dream so far this year. It would probably take a really high finish this week to get him into Atlant, but who knows-he is now in some rare air. Next week there is no cut, and William is playing like a top 30 player. Week in and week out he is in the final groupings and is playing well. He seems to be getting used to it and is expecting it. William plays golf a little like Eric Breitenstein plays football; not flashy-in fact "workmanlike." But at the end, when they count up yards gained or money earned they are there each week. William may not care for the nickname "Dirt"- maybe "Grass" would work.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 pm

William finished last year's final round at the Deutsche Bank with an eagle. Would have been nice to duplicate today...

Spot-on analogy, Boulder - Wm's play is steady: -2 every round at the D.B. with the exception of Saturday (and that was likely due to some discomfort with the wrist/forearm.) After another birdie-filled performance next weekend, will be great to have a huge bunch of Terrier fans cheering for him in Atlanta.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby Hobo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 pm

William back on the course tomorrow at 12:21pm
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Slow start for him thus far. +3 thru 7. Hope he battles back on the 2 nd 9 holes.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Up to date scoreboard; click on William's name for detail of his round(s). http://www.pgatour.com/r/leaderboard/
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Ouch. Hockey sticks (77). Rough day at the office. William needs to Terrier-up and make a big move tomorrow! Come on, William, we are pulling for you!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 pm

William finished the 2nd and 3rd rounds at Even par; so, still +5 overall. Here's hoping he catches a "hot streak" tomorrow and finish well under-par and in the money.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

William is not in the top thirty. Boulder, do you know what the rest of William's schedule this year will be like?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:51 pm

He hurt his wrist a few weeks ago and probably just ran out of steam. He will get some much needed rest and then probably play a couple of the Fall Swing events. He finished #50 in the final FedEX Cup standings-a really significant improvement. He continues to climb the ladder rung by rung in a very impressive fashion. With he and Sarah expecting their child in February he had better play when he can and take advantage of his tour position. He needs to pad the money standings a little more this year while he can.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am

http://www.pgatour.com/r/schedule/ Boulder, thanks.
I assume the events he might be in are the "Featured" and/or "Fall" events at the bottom of this chart.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

The events he would be eligible for are the Fall Series events. The final two are Sea Island and Disney. He has gotten himself in position to make the field in the Players and PGA next year. That's two that he couldn't get into last year. He just needs to keep playing and becoming comfortable being considered an elite player. He no longer is an outsider or conditional player, and he has the luxury of making his schedule early for next year. I hope he and Sarah go to Disney for the last regular season event. It's fun with children, but it is also fun for couples with one on the way. I would imagine that he will be at some football games this fall.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 pm

William is not in the Frys.com field.http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r464/field.html
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Not in McGladdrey field this week either. Anyone know why?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I was wondering the same thing about William.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Wofford Alumni in the Sports World