Brandon Waring Updates

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Brandon Waring Updates (Live today!)

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:17 am

Fans,

Attended today's game between the NH Fishercats and Bowie Baysox in Manchester, NH. Met Brandon before the game. (Held a sign showing I was a Wofford alum and he came right over...said, "Wow, Wofford all the way here?")

Nice conversation...a great young man! Took several pics which I will try to post here.

Brandon was smokin' today...hit 2 home runs (finished 3 for 5) and led the Baysox to a big win. Team is in second place; 3 games out in their division and pushing for the Eastern League playoffs.

Let's hope he sustains the torrid hitting/solid fielding and gets a call-up by the Orioles next month.
WoCo NH Dude

Re: Brandon Waring Updates

Postby lawdog on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Brandon Waring finished the 2010 season with 22 HR's and 69 RBI's...very good numbers. Played well and flexibly at 3B, 1B, LF...plus DH. Cooled off at the end to finish with a .242 average. A good year overall, but would like to see the BA up, especially. Also has the intangibles (character, work ethic, reliability, team attitude) to earn a shot at the top.
Last edited by lawdog on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Good recent interview. I hope he gets to AAA this year...and then....http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... p&sid=t418
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BubbaDog on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Brandon has struggled this year, still hitting under .200. Looks like he is heating up though. On an 8 game hitting streak right now, and hitting a few more home runs. I hope this doesn't jinx him.
Class of '07. GDI with very few athletic skills to speak of.
BubbaDog
2012 Pickem Champ

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 am

Bubbadog,

I was also hesitant to post anything about Brandon's 8 game hitting streak. Would like to think Bowie's swing through NH and ME a few weeks ago helped BW get his stroke back. :D

He had last night off as the Baysox scored a couple of TDs on their way to a 17-12 thumping of Reading Phillies.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:44 am

WoCo NH Dude, Thanks for laying some good karma on Brandon. Keep it up!
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby terrierbob on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 am

terrierbob

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Terrierbob-

Thanks for the article. Interesting perspective about Brandon's potential trade bait.
Latest stats: .202 with 12 HRs; but, 82 SO.
Need to have BW swing through New England again and get on another hitting streak. Too bad the 2011 (AA) Eastern League's schedule only provided 1 New England stop for Bowie. Still hopeful Brandon will "Bust Out" in the second half.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Me too. I still am convinced he can get it done if he does not give up. Excellent article in Sports Illustrated last week makes the point, with Carlos Ruiz of the Phils. He spent a lot of time in the minors, and some of his numbers were questionable. He hung in, and is now one of the most important players on the Phils.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:42 pm

After a very poor May, Brandon had a decent June and July, but so far August needs improvement.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am

Lawdog -

BW is dealing! Cranked another HR to help Bowie beat Reading; 3 shy of setting the all-time careerHR record for Bowie Baysox.

http://bowie.baysox.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t418

Let's hope he finishes the season strong!!
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks WCNHD, keep the Mojo coming. http://firstinning.com/players/Brandon-Waring-a/
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby MarleyDogg on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

lawdog wrote:Thanks WCNHD, keep the Mojo coming. http://firstinning.com/players/Brandon-Waring-a/

Those are interesting numbers. His BABIP in July/August is much more in line with his career numbers, so it seems like he should keep this up through the end of the year.
MarleyDogg
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Right MarleyDogg, He is now hitting .276 with 3 HR's for August (all in the last three games).
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:10 am

Lawdog, Marleydog, et al:

Time for BW to launch another 8-game hitting streak. Not only will this help Bowie overtake Harrisburg in the standings (currently 1/2 game behind in their division); but, provide BW a late-season call-up to the Orioles.

Harrisburg has Bryce Harper - MLB Senators' star in the making. Harrisburg will face the NH Fishercats (Blue Jays AA team) in nearby Manchester later this month. We plan to attend.
BTW...the Fishercats lead their division of the Eastern League by 7 games. Will be a treat to have the locals face Bowie for the championship and see the main BaySox/Wofford man deal again!

Should be an exciting August in the Eastern League!
WoCo NH Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Wofford Alumni in the Sports World