Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Brandon Waring Updates

Postby lawdog on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hit another HR today.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 am

BW had a 4-game hitting streak until yesterday.

In 31 games, he's batting .284 with 5 HR, 10 2B, 1 3B and 34 SO; has an OBP of .414.

The BaySox visit NH on June 8-10; so, will be good to see him. Unless, he's in Baltimore!!
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Give us a post game report, WCNHD. Apparently he has become primarily a first baseman and is back on the Orioles "move-up" radar, although the parent team is better this year than usual. Brandon deserves a shot for some organization.

http://firstinning.com/players/Brandon-Waring-a/ Current stats.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BubbaDog on Fri May 18, 2012 9:25 am

Sorry NH Dude, I don't think you'll get to see him in NH. He's been promoted to AAA Norfolk! Congrats to Brandon!
BubbaDog
2012 Pickem Champ

Postby lawdog on Fri May 18, 2012 11:33 am

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201205 ... o-Triple-A It is so richly deserved that Brandon Waring has been promoted to AAA Norfolk. He has been playing 1B mostly, no errors this year. Also a reliable and quality person who loves baseball.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocorebel on Fri May 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I will go to the Tides game tongiht and give Brandon a welcome to Norfolk from the T-Dogs of Hampton Roads. Can't wait to watch him play again.
wocorebel
Junior Terrier

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Bubbadog, Lawdog, et. al -

The news on BW's promo just made my day!

So...looks like I'll be watching him play on Memorial Day. The Norfolk Tides play at Pawtucket (R.I.) that afternoon to face their Red Sox AAA rival. Always wanted to see McCoy Stadium. It's about a 2 hour drive via interstate.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Fri May 18, 2012 11:02 pm

WoCoRebel and NHDude, we still hope you will get a chance to chat with Brandon and give us a report.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... 68&t=g_box In his first AAA game, went 1-4 and scored a run, playing 3B.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocorebel on Sun May 20, 2012 12:09 am

Talked to Brandon after his game tonight. He had a great game at the plate and on the field. He made a couple of nice plays from third and of course he hit a bomb. He is probably the best position player on the Tides roster right now. He is glad to be out of Bowie, doesn't want to go back there again. I wished him the best on trying to find a place to stay and look forward to talking to him some more during hopefully his short stay in Norfolk.
wocorebel
Junior Terrier

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:58 am

Good news/bad news:

BW is back with the Bowie Baysox; but, helped defeat the NH Fishercats last night 9-5. He was 2/5 (S, 2B) and scored a run. Batted clean-up and played first base.

I plan to attend tomorrow's game in Manchester and speak to our fellow Terrier.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Glad Brandon got a taste of AAA, where he started well and cooled off. Hope he will make the most of the experience in the long run, and get back up soon. Thanks for the report, WCNHD.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Nice conversation with BW before the game.
He was in great spirits. Said the AAA opportunity was good; but, the Tides (AAA) just had too many players and he was not getting the reps. Was brought back to Bowie to continue his solid hitting and fielding. Looking forward to another shot at Norfolk; but, I told him better yet - in Baltimore.
Played 1B today and made an outstanding diving catch in the 8th inning to keep NH from taking the lead. He had a sac fly, and struck out 2x - the last one was a very questionable pitch. Bowie swept the Fishercats..now I can cheer for the locals again. :lol:
WoCo NH Dude

Postby lawdog on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:48 am

Back in AAA last two games. 4 HR's in last 4 games.http://firstinning.com/players/Brandon- ... ie&s_ll=AA
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 am

Good stuff, Lawdog!!

Interesting that BW is playing 3B with Norfolk vs. 1B with Bowie. If he continues to hit steadily, he provides the O's brass a weapon who can play either "hot" corner! Look forward to seeing what transpires.
WoCo NH Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Wofford Alumni in the Sports World