2017-18

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

2017-18

Postby lawdog on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Added two new assistant coaches, who appear to have varied coaching and recruiting experience, and connection with Coach Garrity. Highly motivated and intelligent ...look good!
http://woffordterriers.com/news/2017/6/ ... staff.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: 2017-18

Postby lawdog on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Although it is way too early to tell, it is fun to project a starting five.

Chloe Wanink will be a starter.
Jamari McDavid, with her talent and versatility, will too.
AC Atha or DaJa Greene, or both, probably will.
Kelsey Lambdin, with her experience and versatility, stands a good chance, as does Cairo Booker.

Jordan Houseright and Hannah Morgan have a good chance.
Peyton Walker, Marissa Bayer, Emily Ryan, Jamie Grob, Sophia Hughes, and Olivia Mills have talent as well and under Coach's system should see some playing time.
A lot will depend on improvement in the off season and as the season progresses. We should have good depth, but must stay healthier than last year.

On Coach's teams, there is a focus on togetherness and being a good teammate; I foresee a close knit (but young) group, and a better record than last year.
Should be very interesting to watch.

With the Richardson Center opening, we will also be in position this year to cherry pick a couple of excellent recruits for next year.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Yep I agree. Well said ld. I look forward to this season. I don't think we will challenge for the conference championship but I expect we will show significant improvement. Injuries as in all sports are important. Who knows - with a healthy team the Terriers might just surprise a lot of people.
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Looking forward to watching her and teammates next four years. http://www.whio.com/news/kenton-ridge-j ... vB5lV9leP/

Well spoken.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:25 am

Looking forward to seeing that big smile at Wofford.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:04 pm

lawdog wrote:Although it is way too early to tell, it is fun to project a starting five.

Chloe Wanink will be a starter.
Jamari McDavid, with her talent and versatility, will too.
AC Atha or DaJa Greene, or both, probably will.
Kelsey Lambdin, with her experience and versatility, stands a good chance, as does Cairo Booker.

Jordan Houseright and Hannah Morgan have a good chance.
Peyton Walker, Marissa Bayer, Emily Ryan, Jamie Grob, Sophia Hughes, and Olivia Mills have talent as well and under Coach's system should see some playing time.
A lot will depend on improvement in the off season and as the season progresses. We should have good depth, but must stay healthier than last year.

On Coach's teams, there is a focus on togetherness and being a good teammate; I foresee a close knit (but young) group, and a better record than last year.
Should be very interesting to watch.

With the Richardson Center opening, we will also be in position this year to cherry pick a couple of excellent recruits for next year.

Most interesting will be how the returning players improve. With a year of learning the new coach's system and expectations, and hopefully with enhanced expectations and enthusiasm of their own, we will see a higher level of play from Wanink, Lambdin, Booker, Houseright, Morgan, Walker, Bayer, Ryan, and Grob. There is talent here.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Women's Basketball