Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto

Postby MerrierTerrier on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 pm

We're in the basement of the SoCon. "Now tell me where can you party child all night long? In the basement, down in the basement." Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto

However, I believe that these ladies could surprise some in the conference tournament. They have the talent.
MerrierTerrier
Junior Terrier

Re: Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto

Postby lawdog on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 pm

http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2013/ ... ath=wbball Lost 68-50 to UNC G in regular season finale. I was at the game and would offer the following random observations.

1. We will lose 5 seniors. They played hard tonight and will be missed. However, with the five freshmen returning, plus a junior and two sophomores, we should be significantly better next year. We will need to recruit at a minimum a good inside player and shooting guard; a point guard would be nice too. I think if we work at it we could get some talented recruits; we offer a chance for playing time on a team on the rise, plus a top notch education. I spoke with and overheard some of the parents, and they are happy and proud that their daughters are at Wofford and seem optimistic about the team improving in the next year or two.

2. The freshmen are talented and look good. Having played a lot, they should be much better next year. Joyner in the middle has a big upside; a long raw talent but I think she will be really good before she is done - good hands and works hard. Her mom is very supportive. Fleming is a tough player, particularly on D; needs some offensive work - her dad is committed to her improvement. Stokes is a tiny waterbug - fun to watch - very quick and good ball handler and defender, but needs to work on her offense, although I don't know that she will be counted on to score a lot. Frazier looks pretty comfortable on the court - knowledgeable - not tall but strong.

3. On occasions we did not seem to be on the same page or well organized. We would look pretty good for a few minutes, and then appear disorganized. Hopefully that will be fixed.

I agree with MT: if we get it going like we did vs. Furman and Alabama, we can do some damage in the tournament.

BTW, here are the senior ladies with their parents at Senior Day, vs. Furman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_GJqSkyto
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Women's Basketball