Mens Soccer Coach Resigns

Men's SoCon Regular Season Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Tournament Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Regulat Season Champs 2013

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Mens Soccer Coach Resigns

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:18 am

Head Coach resigned to pursue other opportunities and be closer to home, according to Wofford athletic website.
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Not sure if they'll improve with a new coach but they can't get much worse in the conference.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby T-Dogg on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Anything is better than what we have had! It is embarassing to the school for the program to be so poor. Heck Furman is 19-3 and playing at Wake Forest this weekend in the NCAA tourney. I know, I know, it is only soccer but 3 and 4 win seasons over 10 years has really gotten to me. Let's get a good recruiting coach and get the program back alive! :!: :!: :!:
T-Dogg

Postby beacon_fan on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:12 pm

"Wofford College will begin a national search for a replacement immediately."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :^o
beacon_fan

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:17 pm

That was my favorite part of the press release. In all honesty, I hope they can find someone that can recruit and improve the team
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Jimbear on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:13 pm

We need to make sure the Terrier Club gets more money so that we can fund more scholarships. It is not simply a coaching issue. We are underfunded on all fronts. Does anyone know how many scholarships we have in soccer as compaired to all of the others in the SoCon?
Jimbear

Postby walliver on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:17 pm

beacon_fan wrote:"Wofford College will begin a national search for a replacement immediately."

How many soccer coaches are there in Spartanburg County we can go after?
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 pm

walliver wrote:
beacon_fan wrote:"Wofford College will begin a national search for a replacement immediately."

How many soccer coaches are there in Spartanburg County we can go after?

How many soccer coaches are there in Spartanburg County we can not go after?

fixed it for ya :o
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 am

Maybe coaching soccer is one of the other qualities that Coach Interdonato had that wowwed the baseball search committee last spring.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dogg on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Yes, we are underfunded in soccer, no question. However, our departing coach was not the right guy. My yearly letter to Richard Johnson about the soccer prgram was straight forward. This guy did not know how to recruit, period. I hear there is a D1 coach they are interested in. let's hope that this program can be something we can be proud of again. I know a litte about soccer and Wofford Soccer and can tell you that regardless of funding, winning one game in conferance is not to lofty of an expectation :idea:
T-Dogg

Postby T-Dogg on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
T-Dogg

Postby beacon_fan on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:

Maybe coaching soccer is one of the other qualities that Coach Interdonato had that wowwed the baseball search committee last spring.

:-({|=
beacon_fan

Postby Jimbear on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

T-Dogg wrote:Yes, we are underfunded in soccer, no question. However, our departing coach was not the right guy. My yearly letter to Richard Johnson about the soccer prgram was straight forward. This guy did not know how to recruit, period. I hear there is a D1 coach they are interested in. let's hope that this program can be something we can be proud of again. I know a litte about soccer and Wofford Soccer and can tell you that regardless of funding, winning one game in conferance is not to lofty of an expectation :idea:

T-Dogg I agree with you completely. Getting the right coach makes all the difference as we know with Ayers and the Football program. I just hope we will get the new coach the resources he needs to be successful.

Soccer is a very important sport to so many kids coming around these days just as women's volleyball is. To be competetive in these sports is really important for the college on so many fronts.
Jimbear

Postby oldT-Dog on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 pm

I know a lot about soccer and Wofford Soccer and I can state unequivocally that the program is vastly underfunded. As a matter of fact, the SoCon soccer season finished in almost direct correlation to the scholarship funding amounts for each program. Furman, CofC and UNCG at the top with a max of 9.9 scholarships. I am not going to post the number that Wofford has but it is well below that of any other program.

Though he may have rubbed some people the wrong way, we were fortunate to have Matt Kern as the Coach. The vast majority of the current players and parents liked him a lot. He did a great job recruiting with what he had.

There is a Soccer Letterman's Endowed Scholarship that goes directly to the program. Giving to the Terrier Club nets about 4-5 cents on every dollar to the Men's Soccer program.
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby NCTerrier on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:20 pm

oldT-Dog wrote:I know a lot about soccer and Wofford Soccer and I can state unequivocally that the program is vastly underfunded. As a matter of fact, the SoCon soccer season finished in almost direct correlation to the scholarship funding amounts for each program. Furman, CofC and UNCG at the top with a max of 9.9 scholarships. I am not going to post the number that Wofford has but it is well below that of any other program.

Why not?
NCTerrier

Next

Return to Soccer