Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Congrats to App State

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:33 am

Way to bring it back to the SoCon!
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Re: Congrats to App State

Postby gofurman on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:59 am

BestOfBreed wrote:Way to bring it back to the SoCon!

I didn't want them to win (I wanted it to stay just an FU/GSU thing) but an honest congrats...Oh well, we are the only 1aa team to beat them this year (and we beat them with a healthy Richie)...I guess this win REALLY solidifies the BIG 3...Now you guys gotta go win a title to join :)
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:10 am

I am delighted that App State won. I think it benefits all of the SoCon members. Next season should be very interesting, with a new regime at GSU, App State coming off a national championship, and Furman having a good returning nucleus; I think both WC and Chattanooga will be better; I think we will be better. Despite losing Bethay, I think we will have a better defense because we have more experience. I suspect that Baker will be moved inside because we have number of kids that can play defensive end. We will have good depth and experience at LB and the secondary. Our offensive line should also be better because of more experience despite losing two starters. I am expecting big things from QB because of the competition between the two returnees, and Jason Collier should step up this year to be the player that everyone expects to see. I don't know what to expect to see from our wing-backs. If KJ comes back we should be very strong at RB, and perhaps some guys will be moved to the wings.----All in all, it will be a lot of fun to watch, and you never know what can happen, till it happens---(Is that a Yogi Berraism?)
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:48 am

fgs44 wrote:I am delighted that App State won. I think it benefits all of the SoCon members. Next season should be very interesting, with a new regime at GSU, App State coming off a national championship, and Furman having a good returning nucleus; I think both WC and Chattanooga will be better; I think we will be better. Despite losing Bethay, I think we will have a better defense because we have more experience. I suspect that Baker will be moved inside because we have number of kids that can play defensive end. We will have good depth and experience at LB and the secondary. Our offensive line should also be better because of more experience despite losing two starters. I am expecting big things from QB because of the competition between the two returnees, and Jason Collier should step up this year to be the player that everyone expects to see. I don't know what to expect to see from our wing-backs. If KJ comes back we should be very strong at RB, and perhaps some guys will be moved to the wings.----All in all, it will be a lot of fun to watch, and you never know what can happen, till it happens---(Is that a Yogi Berraism?)

I agree that experience is worth more than one or two outstanding players...no smack on bethay at all...just that is the way the game works..i too would be surprised if ayers doesn't have woff better next year... i think furman will be very good on D - see our improvement from gsu to woff to nicholls state against option...and we return (possibly) 20 of 22 letterman - though losing freeman..our O will take a little bit but we have our tackles and recvrs and felton and gipson...the inside of our line will take a while to gel and we need to see consistent play from next qb....

i predict:
gsu (unless they abandon option)..then i don't know
app
furman
woff
utc
western
cit
elon
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions