ETSU

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

ETSU

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm

OK, forget about the Furman game. On to ETSU. Watching Cid/ETSU on TV and both teams seem very evenly matched. Citadel is hammering them up the middle, and ETSU is making its gains in the air. It would appear our offense will give ETSU fits, but then again...ETSU is big on both lines and decidedly better than in the past; but they are very beatable. It just depends which Wofford team shows up.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: ETSU

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:45 pm

The Furman game should not be forgotten. We were exposed for what we truly are- a very mediocre football team with a poor coaching staff...and too cheap to pay for decent play-by-play announcer to boot.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:10 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:The Furman game should not be forgotten. We were exposed for what we truly are- a very mediocre football team with a poor coaching staff...and too cheap to pay for decent play-by-play announcer to boot.

Wow. If this loss puts you into this deep of an angry depression, Wofford football is not for you. One SoCon loss does not a season break.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:20 pm

+10 !!!!!!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 pm

I just didnn’t expect Furman to whip us like a rented mule. We were never in this game! But if we can recover and win the next few then all will be forgiven. But bear in mind that ETSU beat this same Furman team that took us behind the woodshed. The Bucs are no joke. So it’s not going to be easy. We need to work hard and get better if we want to meet the lofty goals we came into this season with. Start studying game film and sorting out the multitude of stuff that went wrong today!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Oh, and I guess all those people chided on this board for picking a convincing Furman win look pretty smart now. I gotta give them props...they knew what was coming.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:59 pm

ETSU is good. If we want to make the playoffs we have to win.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 am

In watching the game with The Citadel there was nothing that stood out. They are big, solid and well coached. They play good offense and defense and seem to have no real gaps. It should be a very good game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:37 am

I think one honest question we have to ask ourselves: Are WE “well coached”? Because I myself feel like coaching decisions have been a problem at times the past few seasons, and lots of things have been questioned on this board by many different people.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:42 am

Citadel dominated the game statistically... ETSU has close wins... Literally, all under a TD... They were handed the Furman game, and squeaked by Chatt VMI and Citadel... They’ve yet to play the bigger dawgs of the league... Us, Sammy, Mercer... I shouldn’t say this, but will anyway... I think they are just an ok football team and if we play to our capabilities, it shouldn’t be a ballgame.
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:45 am

Well coached? Questioned by other professionals in other fields? You guys need to get your own team who are questioning coaching... smh
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am

IF WE PLAY TO OUR CAPABILITIES. That is the key phrase. Having pointed that out, I agree. IF we play 100% as good as we are capable, then we should get the victory at home. IF!!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:51 am

SmallTownTerrier wrote:Well coached? Questioned by other professionals in other fields? You guys need to get your own team who are questioning coaching... smh

Other professionals in other fields? What in hell are you gassing about dude? I said MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD have questioned decisions made by coaches the past few years...I didn’t say JACK about “other professionals in other fields”. Can you not read, or are you just trying to put words in my mouth THAT I DID NOT SAY!!!!!!! But YOU KNOW coaching decisions are questioned on here after games ON THE REGULAR! SOMETIMES EVEN AFTER WINS! And just for the record, let’s put it all out there. I think I am the most PASSIONATE Wofford fan on this board...I am the type of fan that many other schools have LOTS OF! To put it bluntly, I AM NOT A WINE AND CHEESE FAN...I AM A TOUGH BLUE COLLAR FAN WHO LIVES AND DIES WITH THE TEAMS! YOU PEOPLE JUST DON”T UNDERSTAND!!!! YOU DON’T GET IT...OR ME!!! I never had a silver spoon in my mouth. I earned my way into Wofford via a scholarship by making grades. I didn’t have a rich daddy. As a result, I never really totally fit into the culture at the school (because I frankly abhorred that culture), but I still got a very good education, a valuable science degree from a respected academic institution, and I learned to LOVE Wofford sports because the athletes were the main people on campus that actually indentified with me some and gave me the time of day! So I LOVE Wofford, I just don’t love some of the attitudes that come out of it. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Get your own team if u wanna coach... Everybody in other professions have all the answers... I think I need to come and tell you how to be more efficient at whatever you do as a job, how bout it? Bottom line... If u don’t want to support, get lost.
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm

94's post-Furman loss meltdown is kind of predictable (no offense bro) so I suggest everyone take a few breaths and think twice before you post something you regret.

(This isn't a threat or anything, just actively trying to de-escalate)
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football