Chattanooga

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017, 2018
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017. 2018
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Chattanooga

Postby BubbaDog on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:38 pm

The ESPN+ coverage was okay but not great. Rarely zoomed in on plays so it's hard to see anything, and almost never showed a replay.
BubbaDog
2012 Pickem Champ

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Mudrat...110% agree; turned ESPN+ volume off and listened to Thom/Jim even though several seconds off.
The tv broadcast must have reloaded 25x...#irritating.
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Like the way we kept fresh legs in the game on this hot day; really helped. Mosley provided a spark and different look.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:09 pm

lawdog wrote:Like the way we kept fresh legs in the game on this hot day; really helped. Mosley provided a spark and different look.

That is one of things that sealed it for us. That use of Mosely plus the other fresh legs on the offense sealed the deal in the 3rd quarter. It was a strategic move, not because Newman was floundering. That was true teamwork.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby watdog on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Great win! The most complete overall team I have seen in years. Great on O and D! Coming out party for Joe! I love seeing Joe under center and running the true TO! Huge Game next Sat. BEAT FURPLE! FU CAN FU!
watdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Last year we made mistakes that kept teams in the game. Either we won games we shouldn't have or we failed to put teams away that had no business being close.

This year, the mistakes we're making are preventing us from blowing out our opponents. It's a better problem to have.

Our offense is probably (on average) a scoring possession better than it was last year, and our defense is probably (on average) a scoring possession better than last year. That's a big difference.

Right now we look better than we have in years. Considering we won a socon title outright last year, that's crazy.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Make no mistake, next week will be a war; will need our A game.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Furman is already talking trash. I'd have it no other way
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Oak Grove on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 am

I watched the ESPN+ broadcast on my laptop using Google Chrome. Additional replays would have been nice, but the picture was crystal clear and the stream never wavered for me. It was one of the least frustrating games I have watched online in a long time. I didn't even bother trying to listen to the Wofford radio broadcast.
Oak Grove
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am

Joe Newman is running the TO, so far, as well as any QB that we have had, if not better. His decision making is outstanding, and it is very fun to watch. The offensive line is playing at a very high level, and appear to be getting better. They are disciplined and execute very well. Defense is great. The first drive was their only accomplishment, and as soon as we adjusted it was no more.

Noticed that TJ Luther was in the game, as a wideout, several times on running plays which will eliminate keying on him when he is in the game. He fumbled twice and lost one that cost us a TD. He will be taught to cover the ball up when tackled, or he will not see the field. I am confident that he will learn quickly now, and yesterday will turn-out to be a teaching and learning experience for him.

Wade Lang is doing the best offensive coordinating job, so far in his career. Our offensive numbers are staggering. No reason for that not to continue, and our defense should continue to perform at its high level.All in all this could be a season for the ages. :D 8)
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 am

FG44- Agreed on Newman. I was especially relieved to see him eat the ball or go out of bounds rather than try to make a play that wasn't there. That is a real sign of maturity. As we open the playbook a little we are providing teams looks that are sure to cause nightmares to defensive coordinators. The end around was a huge play and stunner to the defense.
Loved seeing us running 5 or 6 in at a time on defense. That has to demoralize the opponents.
The SoCon needs to go to replay. The deal with Jireh Wilson was needless and ridiculous.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 am

The season is almost half over. I don't think our defense has been this good in a long time. We can always get a little better but I don't remember regularly limiting our opponents to 2 scores.

If our offense can improve and not true the ball over, this team could be really special.
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 am

boulder3m wrote:Loved seeing us running 5 or 6 in at a time on defense. That has to demoralize the opponents.

Very true, and we did the same on offense ... Basinger in particular appreciated a break from the intense heat. As did Newman.

Shout out to our D backs too ... they are playing with a good deal of confidence and aggression, and we have good depth. JoJo and Domo setting the tone, and Mason playing traffic cop.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Mike Ayers left Conklin a Cadillac in terms of personnel and he is doing donuts with it (in a good way)
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:56 pm

No one is talking about it because it hasn't been a big problem-YET! However, our kicking game has taken an obvious turn downward from last year. We were all amazed at how easily we made the transition last year from a world class kicker to an unknown Freshman. However, Luke Carter has not had a stellar beginning to this year, and if it continues it could be critical. Don't know if it is a slump, change in personnel or what, but we need to remedy it. It seems that I recall that in the pre-season it was a problem in our scrimmages as well. He missed two field goals Saturday, and it would have mattered. Not looking for Gano, but we need to make them.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football