Take down this week's IWF and try again, please!

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Take down this week's IWF and try again, please!

Postby lawdog on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:29 am

Thanks for that info, WCNHD. Was Garrett a paid employee? An alum?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Oak Grove on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Terrier NH Dude wrote:IWF in year's past was compiled, produced, etc. by Garrett Hall, among others. Hauser/Henson sang his praises loudly...we can see why. THANKS!!

GH is now providing similar services at Boston College - an opportunity ("too good to pass") that he accepted last month. Met him a couple weeks ago at a Red Sox game. The hours he dedicated to Wofford sports had him sleeping in the office regularly.
#dedication

Hope the new crew reaches similar quality.

This would explain a lot. Thanks, NH Dude. I remember GH posting IWF updates on this board from time to time in the past under the screen name "terriervision," which I always appreciated.
Oak Grove
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 pm

FWIW I spoke with Garrett via PM a few weeks ago. He said if you thought he was perfect, check out the UVA wise highlights he put together a few years ago.

I support everyone in the program helping to advance us. Mistakes happen. One of the things I learned in my 4 years at Wofford is that a lot of what is considered "normal" rides on the people who make up the institution. Whenever there's turnover in any department, there's at least one or two oversights that happen (I have multiple examples outside athletics).
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 pm

LD, OG...
Glad to spotlight Garrett's great work. He was a WoCo employee and a TN alum.
Extra news...Terrier hoops:
Just back from campus; attended a meeting held in JRIS. Afterwards, caught some of the ladies' practice on main court; very spirited, instructional. Also, saw men's team practice sessions in alternate court. Was at court level, we have some BIGS!!
Spoke briefly w 1 of assistants who said we have the most size ever. Excited for Nov 6!
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:33 pm

This looks like a great opportunity for someone with a knack and desire to get into editing. I have a neice who is on the west coast and is in the editing world. She works in the TV and film industry and learned on an AVID editing computer years ago. It is an art, but one that could lead to a great career opportunity.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football