LETS GO T DOGS!!!!

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

LETS GO T DOGS!!!!

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Jacked up for this season. Looking forward to another SoCon Championship run and a deep playoff run this season. So much talent and depth returning, and lots of speed and skill. I feel good about each level on both sides of the ball. Questions at QB will be quickly and succinctly addressed in the first game as I expect Joe Newman to be special. More running than Brandon Goodson from a year ago, but that is what has been the recipe around these parts for a long time. And I anticipate our Defense under new Leadership will be more aggressive than in years past, I believe Conklin will bet on our abilities more and take more risks with pressure.

I look forward to the year everyone. ANd I wanted to pop in and say hey to our Wofford family. We will be rooting loud and proud in KY.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: LETS GO T DOGS!!!!

Postby Ruckus28 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 pm

We will miss you and the whole T19 family. Hope the boy is doing well. Come see us!
Hope you’re right about the season and prospects. A little trepidation in the Ruckus casa without The Old Man on the sideline. Been a long time since that has happened and without a lot of success when it was.
Hope u get down for a game. Thanks for posting.
Ruckus28
True Terrier Fan

Postby Oak Grove on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Nice to hear from you, 19!
Oak Grove
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Hey guys!!!!! I’ll certainly be coming to see you guys. RJ landed a great job with Eli-Lilly pharmaceutical sales in the Neuro-Science field. Landed a fantastic compensation package and is relocating to start his career in Detroit in mid September. Coach Ayers and Coach Lang both called and wrote great recommendations for him to help land the positions. The letters they both wrote were powerful and just confirmed all we thought about Wofford and what we also knew internally about their personal relationships with RJ.

Life is great. We are very blessed. And the next Terrier recruit is grooming on the soccer pitch as we speak. Lilly is 8 so that gives Wofford a decade head start on the rest of the country to get in the door. She is playing on one of the top travel 10 year old soccer clubs in KY.

You guys make sure you take care of my Lex, KY guys Big Kel Horton and Mason Alstott.

Let’s go Dogs and let’s go take the SoCon from the first game
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am

19, you are what makes me proud of Wofford football. Your report about RJ's new job is fantastic, and the support from his coaches AFTER football is what we love. I am excited that there is now a gathering spot for Lettermen at the games, and would hope that there will soon be one for football alumni and their parents soon. Stories like yours are also a great part of the recruiting process. As I have mentioned in another thread, if the parents of potential Wofford players will look at life AFTER football and compare their son's football experience at Wofford with one at a large school which uses kids only for football I think they will make the choice we want! We all wish RJ the best in his new endeavor, and hope that you and your Ky friends will be back often.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:39 pm

19, glad to hear you and RJ are doing well and wish him the best.
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football