Want to share this with the Terrier Family....

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Want to share this with the Terrier Family....

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am

During our build up towards our game against North Dakota State in the playoffs, I had posted on Social Media about how looking forward to the game against NDSU we were and for our shot to try to knock them off. From that, the fringe lunatic NDSU fans started to attack me on the platform, trying to distort the message and what not....typical fan stuff. But along the way, I had an actual NDSU player reach out to me through my direct message telling me that NDSU players and staff have nothing but the utmost respect for us as a team and program. And told me not to worry about the lunatic fans that come with it but was nothing but complimentary and even took pictures at the game for me (He is a REdShirt player) so he had the best seat in the house.

From that we established a mutual understanding and respect. Today he tweeted out how looking forward to today's National Title Game he was. I voiced my support and said how that we at Wofford have nothing but respect and admiration for the NDSU program and wished them well. Here was his response.

"We really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you guys again in the playoffs. What you do with such a small enrollment is truly amazing. Small school, BIG PUNCH!!! Love it!"

Those words really do summarize us as a program....and I love hearing it from another player from that type of program.

Thought I would share.....
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: Want to share this with the Terrier Family....

Postby youngterrier on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 pm

the arrogant NDSU fans are annoying, but I will say this about their program: they are so good that they expect to win in a way that doesn't include arrogance. It rubs off on most of their fans. They were far more insufferable in 2012 when we played them than this year.

Like, if you beat them, they respect you and don't give excuses because you have to be good to keep it that close. And if they win, they are good sports about it because they just know they are head and shoulders better than everyone.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Want to share this with the Terrier Family....

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm

I think most NDSU folks are pretty solid, but they have their outliers just like every fan base. I haven't been to either of the NDSU games and have only once encountered one of their fans in person, but it was a good interaction.

Last fall I was out of town on a Saturday (the day of our game with Samford) and was wearing a Wofford shirt. I was in a store and saw a guy wearing a NDSU shirt. This was equally odd since we were both in the Florida panhandle a long way from both schools, but, hey, it was game day. Anyway, when he saw my Wofford shirt he walked over and complimented our school and program. Turns out he was at the game in 2012 and said his two takeaways were that 1) our guys hit HARD and 2) our program showed more class than any other he'd seen come to Fargo. We had a nice chat and wished each other well on the remainder of the season not knowing that the playoff matchup was on the horizon.

I'm sure they have their bad apples like anyone else, but I'm impressed with their program and people and think they are head and shoulders above the previous "FCS dynasty" programs in terms of respect for the success they have been able to achieve.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football