2018 schedule

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2018 schedule

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

I’m sure scheduling is tough. I’d like to see some former rivals too. But Georgia Southern wouldn’t dare to play us right now. App State would possibly be too worried about losing to us too. But I think a home and home with an Ivy, Patriot, OVC or CAA opponent would be great. Perhaps the cost is too big a factor there though, just as it is with many other places- that and probably a lot of other places’ unwillingness to give us a return home game. I’d love to play a service academy too as our FBS game. But I am not in favor of playing two FBS games though because two losses out of conference makes it harder to reach the playoffs.

At least we don’t have any sub-D1s...those are nothing games that don’t count for anything. And I think we have a shot to beat Wyoming. DareI say that even though they have Craig Bohl now, they are not nearly as intimidating or as good as NDSU in Fargo! And I also dare say that they never will be either!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: 2018 schedule

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 pm

"...scheduling an Ivy school." With the just completed home & home series with Harvard in men's hoops, we have set the stage to do the same in football. Rj and MY indicated that the Terriers will be back in this area - exact opponent TBD. BTW...a game in historic Memorial Stadium is a unique experience; yet, have also seen some fans enjoy elaborate tailgates and bypass the game.
Another thought: Boston College came to the "Burg for a baseball series; so, with Coach Conklin's former ACC connections, that could be an opening for football in Chestnut Hill.
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football