Chattanooga

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Chattanooga

Postby WocoSix on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:48 pm

I dare to say that this game has become make or break for the SHD. The 8th ranked Mocs are every bit as good as advertised. Mocs are coming off a bye week and this will be their SR day, so we are going to get their best shot. The mocs defense gave up 350+ yards to citadel, but have held the majority of everyone else in the conference under 100 yards rushing. Offensively Bennifield is completing nearly 60% of his passes when attempting 25+ or more. The Mocs have 2 excellent WR's in Borishade and Board. If we can limit those 2 contributions through the air we would have affectively controlled 60% of their passing game output.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Re: Chattanooga

Postby WTFan on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

Obviously, it will take a near flawless performance to get a W. Play like last Saturday and season is done with exception of a mop up game vs. VMI. No turnover, no costly penalties and some semblance of a passing attack (throw it 10 times for Pete's sake) and we've got a shot to play past the VMI game. Considering the key injuries this has proven to be a resilient bunch of SHD. I think a key will be pressure on the QB. If it comes down to the kicking game, we have the best in the country IMO. Excited to have a meaningful game this late in the season, just wish it were at Gibbs.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:03 pm

I think our ability to stop the run, strong special teams, and ability to control clock can truly come into play in this one. We will have to throw the ball, and I think we will have to throw it 10-15 times. Chatt off a BYE week, will be rested and rejuvinated and out to prove something. Come out and play our best game and we definitely can win this game. I think Wofford is better than Citadel, (won the battle lost the war) and Citadel controlled CHatt. Not saying we "Control Chatt" in this one, but we can limit mistakes and do what we do well, mixed in with an effective passing attack and overall gameplan and I feel good about this group's shot at what would be the best win in some years here at Wofford.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Agree. If we play well, this is at least a 50-50 game for us.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm worried about Chatt's extra week of preparation, compounded with already playing the Citadel earlier this year.

The Citadel's option, just out of pure "explosive factor" is better than ours, while our passing game is better. We beat you with the fundamentals, line up and hit you in the face. Chattanooga was able to put Citadel in some third and mid to long situations, but couldn't get off the field, and I don't see that necessarily repeating.

Citadel was similarly able to get pressure on their QB, limit his passing ability and shut down the run (admittedly, Craine was injured in third quarter).

Unlike Furman, Chattanooga will not aim to kill us with the pass first. They're gonna grind it out and pass it maybe 25 times or so. It's important that we get pressure (we didn't against Furman).

Again, no real prediction here. Both teams are good and I think it'll be a one score game. Having said that, I've predicted non-one score games and have been wrong so with my luck as of late someone may win in a blowout.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm

We have a very very tall order this week. Not impossible by any means but we will have to play our best game of the year to even have a chance. No TOs/penalties, limit the big play, tackle well in space (something we still struggle with) and execute at a very high level on both sides of the ball.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Wofford Media Lunch - Chattanooga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDI2rNDPNYo
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:17 pm

Loyalterrier

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:29 am

So Rivera has mono and no word on Watson, Miller, or Clemons this week. Not good.....
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:55 am

Next man up. There wasn't too much difference between what we started the season with and what we placed on the field vs. Furman. Miller is the bigger concern but, we have Coach Nash who has proven he can coach up OL.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Clemons and Miller listed on the two deep
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Jacon-Duffy had 21 knockdowns last week; team season high!
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:51 pm

I thought FU handled us pretty well up front most of the game. Surprising.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Ruckus, agreed I would have thought Citadel's front 7 would have been trouble but by far Furmans front 7 caused us trouble in the beginning. From last years UTC game I don't see the depth from them this year so I do think we will at least score 2 TD's or more. Bad thing though is I see UTC like the Samford Team but with a RB. Going to be tough sledding. We are going to get UTC's best, but I think the SHD have the talent and fight to match up!
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:48 pm

From watching Chatt. Cid game, I did not think the Chatt QB was as accurate and experienced as the Samford or WCU QB, although he likes to throw the long ball and can run with power.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football