Welcome to Chattanooga!

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Welcome to Chattanooga!

Postby Gomocs on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:25 am

Hope you have safe travel to/from Chattanooga.

If you have any questions on hotels/restaurants/etc, come on over to MocNation and ask away.

Registration is free and immediate.

http://mocnation.yuku.com/topic/2811/master/1/
Moc Nation - http://mocnation.yuku.com/directory - a site run by fans for fans of the Chattanooga Mocs
Gomocs
Junior Terrier

Re: Welcome to Chattanooga!

Postby youngterrier on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Can we just take 5 minutes and think about how far along Huesman has taken the Mocs.

I remember when Chatt was the definition of an easy W. They were absolutely abysmal 9 years ago, now they're a force to be reckoned with.

Shanesy tweeted the other day that in 2010-2012 Wofford had to beat Chatt in the last 2 weeks of the season to make the playoffs. The thing is though, as decent/good as those Chattanooga teams were, they're better this year so we have a steep uphill climb.

Perhaps I'm a minority opinion, but if we lose and we finish the season 7-4 and miss the playoffs, I don't see it as a bad thing. This year was a good year and we have reason to be optimistic about the future (which is a first in literally 2-3 years).

Having said that, a few weeks ago I said we had a better chance against Citadel than Chatt, I'm not sure if that's true. Their QB isn't as good as Hannon or Huesman, but he can slice us up. With that said, it's gonna come down to their ability to run the ball, and they are easily going to be the best power I style running game we face this year with Craine dotting the I. Their defense will be a challenge for our offense and we can only hope our coaches call a good game and play to Goodson's strengths.

No prediction from me for this one. The last few games in this series have been really close. Arguably this is the "worst" Chattanooga team in the last 3 years or so, and in that span of time Chattanooga does not get beat badly, so that's saying much (and it speaks to the consistency of the program). I think it's also inarguable at this point that Wofford is playing its best ball since 2012.

Last year we lost by a field goal at the buzzer. Our defense is playing better than last year, but we got some guys banged up. If Watson and Rivera play, we have a better chance. Should be a good game.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Welcome to Chattanooga!

Postby youngterrier on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

also just read that Devin Watson had to get an MRI this week, and that doesn't sound good
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football