FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: It's Furman Week

Postby WocoSix on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Shadon Brown left last season
http://goarmywestpoint.com/coaches.aspx ... all&rc=266

Former WR and WR coach Shiel Wood is coaching the secondary.

If we are not getting Coach Mance back. They should be looking for a formidable replacement.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am

Game video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG7VL7SOdZ0

Mark and Tom, another great job.

Gay is one sweet back; that's why his YPC is so good.

Ayers having a lot of fun for an old guy.

Wahrby, a little extra face time here.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:01 pm

It amuses me how Mark records the introduction for the IWF/terriervision broadcast after the game.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierVision on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:27 pm

@dungeonjoe

We do our best to record the open before the game starts. Obviously it was a very busy weekend for Wofford. Women's Tennis home tournament, Volleyball last Southern Conference game in Ben Johnson Arena, and Men's Soccer hosted a post season game at Snyder Field.

Chattanooga's IWF open will be recorded before the game this week. As well as VMI. But yes, there are a fair number of times that we do not get to record the open until after the game is over.
TerrierVision
Junior Terrier

Postby Ruckus on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:36 pm

It's all good. Good edition this week. Thanks!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:17 pm

It was a good edition and the quality has improved greatly this year. I merely said that I was amused by the fact that Mark is squinting in the late afternoon sun for the 1:30 game.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks - esp to Walliver, T-Dog, LawDog (who comes to the UFFP site at times I think) and WocoSix who didn't beat me up about the loss.

Good luck v Chatt ! So you are at Chatt this week. that's a big game! nice.. Congrats on putting yourself in that position for a big game. All we have to play for is pride :? Good that you are in the conversation. I don't see how they could deny an 8-3 Wofford team w a win over Chattanooga a shot in the 24-team playoffs. That would be a lock I think. Where it gets dicey is if you lose to Chatt... captain obvious here. Obvious or not, that's how it probably is. 7-4 ? Not sure.. You guys probably know better than me as you are the ones keeping up. Then you probably leave your fate in others hands? Or am I way off? The trouble I see w 7-4 is that age old question of 'who did you beat'? Lose to Ole Miss (no harm there) and Chatt and Citadel and Samford and the best Wofford win is who? Mercer? Would it be Furman if we beat Mercer and end up 4-4 in the league??

Beat Chatt - no sweat. Lose and I think it's a scary selection day. Am I way off?? Ive been wrong before ! Serious question there - You guys probably know better than me. The 24-team set up really helps.. which is sad that my guys aren't in the picture. LOL

what are your thoughts on your chances IF you lose to Chatt ? Anyone know? - I know that's not the plan in Spartanburg.. just a question
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 pm

I think most people on this board would say a loss to Chatt= no playoffs. I would say that it could depend on how we lose. Go to Chatt in lose on double OT, with OT loss to Cit and 2 point road loss in Samford makes a compelling case but also means no quality wins. We have been excluded in the past (16 team field) with much stronger resumes. If we managed to squeak in with 7-4 record, I wouldn't want to play us in first round game.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby Oak Grove on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:39 pm

TerrierVision wrote:@dungeonjoe

We do our best to record the open before the game starts. Obviously it was a very busy weekend for Wofford. Women's Tennis home tournament, Volleyball last Southern Conference game in Ben Johnson Arena, and Men's Soccer hosted a post season game at Snyder Field.

Chattanooga's IWF open will be recorded before the game this week. As well as VMI. But yes, there are a fair number of times that we do not get to record the open until after the game is over.

Love me some IWF! This year's shows have been the highest quality ever, IMO.
Oak Grove
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierVision on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Appreciate all of the kind remarks. And zero hard feelings about the post game recordings, it is wrong, we know it. HA.

We are trying to keep them shorter, but it just keeps happening that there are key plays in the game that need to be shown. But I try my best to keep it at or around 20 minutes. 30 minutes this past week was just a little too long.

Thank you for the continued watching of TerrierVision. =D>
TerrierVision
Junior Terrier

Postby Ruckus on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 pm

You can never have too many highlights of beating Furman.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:02 pm

TerrierVision wrote:Appreciate all of the kind remarks. And zero hard feelings about the post game recordings, it is wrong, we know it. HA.

We are trying to keep them shorter, but it just keeps happening that there are key plays in the game that need to be shown. But I try my best to keep it at or around 20 minutes. 30 minutes this past week was just a little too long.

Thank you for the continued watching of TerrierVision. =D>

THE LONGER THE BETTER!!! Get as much GAMETIME as you can!!!

GREAT QUALITY! We are the envy of the SOCON!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football