Where Do We Stand?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Where Do We Stand?

Postby Loyalterrier on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:08 pm

The Terriers are in good shape right now despite the loss to Sammy. Although Sammy IMHO was not the better team that day. Before the season started I was a little worried that Butler and Goodson did not have enough experience but now I am more than pleased with both of them. They have really stepped up. Disappointing that Butler is out for the rest of the year though. The entire team as a whole seems to be getting better especially Goodson. Look forward to the rest of the season. We have the potential to win all remaining games but in order to do that we have to play our best.

This is off topic but at least related. No offense to any of Cit opponents but Cit has not played anyone yet and at least two of them were close. Mercer, FU, GWU, WCU and NGU. Best team maybe WCU (who fumbled 3 times and lost 2, threw one INT). Just think if Cit had played the same schedule as FU no way they would be 5-0 right now. This weekend and next will give us an idea as to how good they are. I just don't think they are as good as they are supposed to be.
Loyalterrier

Postby youngterrier on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Worth noting that that loss to Samford was a closer game than any FCS loss we've had in the last few years
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Great asset for us. Talented in many ways. Bright future. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Au_ppyPLo
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm excited to see the battle of the SoCon's best Option Teams in person this coming Saturday. Not surprised El Cid beat UTC..

Went to the UNH vs. James Madison game this afternoon. Had to see how my local tax dollars are benefiting the Wildcats. And catch our neighbor's son, Mike Balsamo, playing nickel back/strong side LB as a R-FR for the locals. The Virginians' 3-point win is a bit misleading as JMU controlled the game. Some observations vs. our CAA brethren:

- both had HUGE offensive lines; seemed like everyone was 6'6" + and weighed 300 lbs.
- both had BIG tight ends who were regularly receiving passes (UNH featured Karl Malones' nephew at 6"7", 240)
- both liked to wing it all over
- UNH had 1 of the most creative on-side kicks I've witnessed; yes, they recovered it

Kept trying to envision the Terriers offensive game vs. both of these defenses; uncertain how our speed/option attack would fare vs. their speedy LBs and DBs. As to passing attacks, JMU's receivers were stellar with their speed and good hands. End of day, I hope we win; yet, will take our A+ game; however, I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Let's beat the Bellhops first, followed by the Mocs and take care of business in Socon. Then, we'll have fun predicting what happens in playoffs.
Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football