BEAT EL CID

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: BEAT EL CID

Postby youngterrier on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:57 pm

drpnut wrote:There is a chance that El Cid will start to believe all the hype and come to our place cocky. Nevertheless, if we can smack them in the grill early I think we will have a strong chase of beating them.

I really like our chances. And the fact that most people do not feel we are relevant in the SoCon title race, which plays to our favor. A lot of Sammy posters admit that we are the real deal and they were just lucky. Many outside our camp feel that we are a better team than Sammy.

ElCid will go down in flames and we will once again rise to the top.

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to the Samford game it was one of those deals where if we played 100 times, each side may win 50. We lost, and that's that, but I don't think either team wants a rematch because they know it'll be a slobber knocker.

The game this week, however, screams trap game for the citadel. The fact that both teams run the ball and will try to kill the clock plays into both camp's advantages because it's unlikely to be a two score + game until late in the game given that formula.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:04 pm

In terms of the score, I think if for some reason we score more than twice in the first 3 quarters we'll win it. At the same time, I don't see us getting into a shootout. Either our offense is going to click and we win, it doesn't click and we win a very low scoring game, or we don't click and we lose like 27-13 or something like that.

I don't think we'll get pummeled like last year, either way.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:43 pm

We will not get blown out by The Citadel because our defense, specifically our run defense, is very good and we know they're not going to throw it much. It is much better than it was last year. If we lose, it will be because we turned it over too much and/or our offense couldn't get it going. It will not be because The Citadel's offense overpowered our D...that ain't happening.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Agree completely with 94.....Ive yet to see a Team in FCS with the ability to simply blow this Wofford Defense off the field. Not happening. Hence why I think this Wofford team can really make some noise in the Playoffs. I really hope we do our part and don't allow ourselves to be screwed out of the playoffs this season. Need to win out, (that scenario guarantees us at worst a piece of the SoCon Crown) and worst case need to split the Citadel / Chatt games and win out. LEaving us at 8-3 with only 2 FCS losses both to ranked teams.

The SoCon is very good this year. 3-4 teams are getting in the playoffs this season.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Loyalterrier

Postby Loyalterrier on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:55 am

Loyalterrier

Postby walliver on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:04 pm

youngterrier wrote:
drpnut wrote:There is a chance that El Cid will start to believe all the hype and come to our place cocky. Nevertheless, if we can smack them in the grill early I think we will have a strong chase of beating them.

I really like our chances. And the fact that most people do not feel we are relevant in the SoCon title race, which plays to our favor. A lot of Sammy posters admit that we are the real deal and they were just lucky. Many outside our camp feel that we are a better team than Sammy.

ElCid will go down in flames and we will once again rise to the top.

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to the Samford game it was one of those deals where if we played 100 times, each side may win 50. We lost, and that's that, but I don't think either team wants a rematch because they know it'll be a slobber knocker.

The game this week, however, screams trap game for the citadel. The fact that both teams run the ball and will try to kill the clock plays into both camp's advantages because it's unlikely to be a two score + game until late in the game given that formula.

The Citadel hasn't won in Sparkle City this millennium. It will not be a trap game. They will come ready to play.

We just need to be more ready and avoid stupid penalties.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Both teams seeem to thrive in the 2nd half. El CID has won at least a few games at the wire. Halftime adjustments are obviously a big deal for both teams. Expect very few surprises. It all comes down to execution and which team can impose its will. Lets go you SHD's!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:44 pm

The Citadel hasn't won in Sparkle City this millennium. It will not be a trap game. They will come ready to play.

We just need to be more ready and avoid stupid penalties.[/quote]

Lest we not forget what happened the last time the Bellhops visited our beloved campus.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 am

The last time Citadel visited our campus we won. Stopped their QB at the Goal Line.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:54 am

Exactly. And I'm sure that has been visited by the Bellhops this week. They will not overlook us, and wouldn't surprise me if revenge is in their diet this week. We have to be ready and punch them square in the mouth.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby WTFan on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

No chance they overlook us. None. I am sure they are as hyped about this game as they were last weekend. Should be quite a ballgame. Hopefully the bye week has our boys get rested and ready to go. Go Terriers!
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier NH Dude on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Terrier NH Dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:08 pm