WOCO Dollars and Projects

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

WOCO Dollars and Projects

Postby WocoSix on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Just to get a quick gage from the supporters of Wofford Football. Where would you like to see funds spent in regards to budget? Dollars toward Coaches Salaries? Facility Improvements? Support Staff? Gameday experience? Training and equipment? Uniform Upgrade? Marketing program?
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Re: WOCO Dollars and Projects

Postby Ruckus on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Coaches salaries and recruiting budgets IMO yield the biggest return in terms of wins and losses which is all I care about quite frankly. Facilities and training help as well.But if you win, everything else will take care of itself.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm

WocoSix wrote:Just to get a quick gage from the supporters of Wofford Football. Where would you like to see funds spent in regards to budget? Dollars toward Coaches Salaries? Facility Improvements? Support Staff? Gameday experience? Training and equipment? Uniform Upgrade? Marketing program?

Yes.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:37 am

My take:

1) Coaches salaries (have to ante up to retain the best)
2) Recruiting budgets (we've been casting a wider net and it has paid off)
3) Training (from the perspective of sports medicine to keep guys healthy)
4) Marketing (time to really reach out to the upstate)
5) Facility improvements (once Spartanburg High is gone, make Gibbs look like Wofford's stadium)
6) Uniform upgrades (get some last names on the backs of our jerseys)
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12
I-AA Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16
I-AA Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:34 am

Eyes..............+1
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Looks like the staff addressed some of our concerns with the BREAKING NEWS just coming out. A Joint Team Camp with Michigan's Coaching staff in Spartanburg will escalate our recruiting base to a new level. We will have access to recruits who normally would not visit the campus. But like we all know, everyone can not get offered by UM, but recruits will put Wofford on their list because of seeing the campus
Last edited by WocoSix on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:57 pm

That can't be anything but good for us.
Pretty neat.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Sounds great to me. Our folks are doing a lot of great work in networking and planning to make Wofford a name known by all in the sports world. Actually amazing when you think about it.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 pm

#1- COACHING SALARIES!!!!!

We are way behind:
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... =4&t=44973

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Interesting how this Joint Team Camp with Michigan's Coaching staff will work. And speculating about the advantages to Michigan. Advantages for WoCo are obvious assuming the higher caliber recruits really do come to our campus. That will be the key it seems. Advantages for Michigan are more difficult for me to figure out. Maybe some other Terrier fans have an easier time with it. I can only speculate and am not coming up with many good ideas. So anybody got any good ideas what the advantages are for Mich ? Compete better with Bama, Clem, Ga, etc in their own back yard ?

But if it does work like it is designed then the Terriers should get some good benefits from it.
Loyalterrier

Postby Ruckus on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 am

Satellite camps have become the hot thing in CFB. Especially for northern teams trying to gain foothold in southern hotbeds. i find it extremely interesting that Big Blue id'd Spartanburg SC as a target. I can only assume this is a direct shot at Clemson (maybe UNC) and the mid to lower SEC schools in the region (USC, Tenn, UGA). Choosing Wofford to me is a direct influence of the Panthers and Mr. Richardson.
We should be very proud of this. Speaks well of our recognition outside the region and how highly MA is regarded in national coaching circles. We need to leverage this to its fullest extent. If we get one or 2 recruits or create relationships in other regions that we can use, it's all worth it.
As for UM, it's a real opportunity for them to get going and relationships in an area that has been an ACC/SEC fortress for years. They almost lost the #1 recruit (Gary) in the country to CLemson who was considered a lock for a long time. Make no mistake, Dabo and CU are drawing all kinds attention and their success is not going unnoticed.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Michigan is probably THE #1 program from the northern tier, and to be associated with them in any way is good for Wofford. Harbaugh is committed to make them the best, and we will definitely benefit from that. I could care less about their motives, it reflects very well on us that they are going to be there and working with us. If your "big brother" is Michigan someone has your back.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Ok makes more sense now. Thanks for the comments both of you guys. And I also agree with your thought process that it will benefit both sides. Like you said Ruckus if we get one or two recruits from it then the Terriers will benefit from it. And it is very possible that the benefits will grow as years pass. We might get a recruit or two the first few years and gradually the number might increase in the following years. just have to be patient and see what happens. It does look promising though.
Loyalterrier

Postby lawdog on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:14 pm

What does "joint team camp" mean/entail anyway? Is there a link?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:12 pm

This is the only link I know of https://camps.jumpforward.com/MikeAyersFBCamps
Loyalterrier

Next

Return to Football