Rising RS-F's and Sophs

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Rising RS-F's and Sophs

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm

I mean......guys.....look at that front 7.....We are stout across the board, and with great depth. That defense could be downright nasty, and coupled with a few "changes" in scheme / philosophy that TN2 was hinting about.....Watch out!!!!
Last edited by 19TERRIER19 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Now on offense if we can come up with 2-3 momentum changers ... not talking about fundamentally changing who we are but just a few things to keep other D's off balance, so that when we need to do it we can do it and not go FB up the middle every time (don't get me wrong we got the FB's who can go up the middle, but we need some balance and things to keep the D honest).

And one Fr. who has earned a nod is Hammond, the long snapper who did such a good job.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:06 pm

It will be interesting to see how the qb's shake out. I truly have no idea what the issues were this year as to why we couldn't get in a groove with any of them, and trust I asked.

I'm just really glad Evan is back, we need his experience and leadership. Oops didn't see Ruckus had already mentioned Will Gay would be returning.

The line will be very solid, we have a stable of backs, and great depth at receiver.
Last edited by Tnterrier2 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:10 pm

I think enduring this past season, with all the adversity these young men faced, will serve this next season as fuel. I think Wofford will have its swag back this season. I think this team will have a monumental chip on its shoulders and will play accordingly. Bart Scott Voice "CANT WAIT"
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm

From the horses mouth "the only guaranteed spot on this team is the Head coach and Athletic Director, dont care if you a SR or All Conference"! Personally I love that attitude. There are some talented underclassmen that are going to be pushing for playing time. One of the RS from last year that come to mind is George Gbesee. Before the injury he was said to be inline to not RS, and the staff felt they had something special with him and Lemon for the next 3 years. Same can be said for Thad Mangum, Justus Basinger, and Rountree. Mangum is a big body, but struggled with technique. One year in the "smokehouse" and this kid will contribute big time. As for Rountree, this kid can flat out play, he has a nose for the ball and is an intense player! He just like Brown, Tillery, Lemon, McAfee, and Zamary were behind more experienced players and fresh out of high school, but now they know the playbook and have been with the program a year. Basinger may be the next Anton Wahrby. I have heard good things about this kid. Smart, big, technique guy, and strong. And I am going out on a limb with this but remember this name... Datavious Wilson! Reports came out of the Shrine Bowl that this kid made some 4-5 star guys look questionable. I have also seen Brandon Brown play in person and I think he is a Safety trapped in a LB body. Ball skills and anticipation are exceptional. All in all, competition breeds success, and at the end of the day its all about putting the best 11 on the field.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football