Establishing an Identity...

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Establishing an Identity...

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I have gone back and watched films of the Wofford Teams of the past, and the best teams we have put on the field, had an identity. They played with a chip. I hate to use a word that is so cliché but SWAG comes to mind. Seeing guys fly around on defense, attacking the line of scrimmage, punishing receivers and running backs time after time. Having the D Line overwhelming the line of scrimmage. DB's hawking anything in the air. Enough 12-15 yard cushions, we have dynamic athletes that have the ability to cover in this conference, lets pressure the QB and let our athletes cover. Make teams beat us up top, and lets make the QB's pay the price for trying. TIme to bring back the aggression.

And on offense, punishing the line of scrimmage and gashing the defense for big yards. Ripping off explosive plays, and having the guts to throw down field and use our weapons. Play action, go up top, keeping defenses in check and making them pay for crowding the lines of scrimmage. Mixing up the play calls. Come in with an aggressive, attacking game plan, confident, not looking to react to what the defense is giving us, but coming in to rock the defense on their heels. Playing with an edge, attacking, fast and physical. Establish a tone that we are here to knock your hats in the creek.

I understand that we have lost a lot of our perceived leaders at the start of the year, for the season with injury, but its time for this group to step forward, take responsibility for leading this program back to a SoCon crown, and a deep run in the playoffs. We have the talent, and staff to make this a reality. I want some emotion, fire, and passion, play to hit our opponents until they realize that they don't want to play us anymore.

We are WOFFORD FOOTBALL. Now is the time to seize the day, conquer and prevail, and let's reestablish the pecking order in the SoCon.

RELASE THESE DOGS AND LET EM EAT!!!!!!!! Let loose of the reigns and lets let these boys run wild. Pumped up for a great opportunity tomorrow.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: Establishing an Identity...

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:06 am

I'm ready to block & tackle after that rousing speech!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Well today wasn't it.
But RJ had a hell of a game. Outstanding. Came to play.
Congrats!!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Man Ruck.....today was most assuredly not the day. A good old fashioned can opened up on us. Smh. I hate this for our kids. And maybe some more bad news on the injury front. Smh.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football