SoCon Power Poll

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

SoCon Power Poll

Postby Southernpigskin on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:52 am

The SoCon Power Poll could change drastically this week with a number of huge conference games.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/socon/socon-power-poll/
Become a Fan of Southernpigskin.com's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SouthernPigskin?ref=ts
Southernpigskin
True Terrier Fan

Re: SoCon Power Poll

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:07 am

Power polls are simple discussion points so I don't mind them. However, let me see how this works, Wofford is undefeated in FCS play, beat Samford at Samford last season and brings back 90% of that roster and is listed behind them in the power polls. And Samford has to play Wofford at Wofford this season. Ill accept Furman and Chatt to date being ahead, as Furman has an FBS win, and Chatt is the league favorite. But Wofford IMO should clearly be in the 3rd position worst case with a case for 2nd. Some sorting out should happen this week as Furman / Chatt play, and Wofford plays their 4th road game in the first 6 games at Citadel. Come away with a Win, and Wofford then has 4 of the next 5 games at home, only travelling to VMI.

I have a feeling this poll will need some adjusting soon enough.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 am

Unfortunately that adjustment may be downward as easily as upward. We were damn fortunate to come out of Macon with a W and Cid is a better team and also had 2 weeks to prep for us. We all saw at FU what a loss (to Chatty the week before) can do to a team's confidence and motivation. So nothing is a given.
There is obviously a lot of parity in the league this year with Chatty and FU (and maybe Sammy) being the leaders at this point.
I could see us being slotted everywhere from 2-5 comfortably. And if we don't iron out some problems or have more injuries, maybe as low as 6.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Nah. In no way shape or form are we anywhere near 6th. Regardless of issues and problems. No one looks better than we look outside of Chatt, and Furman once. I'll be here week after week to belabor the point. Wofford deserves respect. Who is samford and what have they done???? Please. After we take care of business in the road once again and remain undefeated at the FCS level and playing 4 of 6 on the road. We will be in position to control the conference race. I believe in our talent and our ability.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:11 am

We almost lost to Mercer. The turnovers, the penalties, the blocked kicks...I'd say we need to step our level of play up in order to convince people we deserve to be higher in polls like this one. A convincing win at The Citadel would help, but what we really need to do is beat one of the top three when we play them. And last year's results do not and should not have any effect on this year's polls.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:26 pm

We also "almost" blew out Mercer. Fluke blocked field goals, dropped pick 6 that turns into a scoring drive for them, pitch fumble on drive to end ball game ends in game tying field goal, and I think that Mercer is pretty solid squad that finishes no worse than the middle of the pack in the SoCon. I think after Wofford hopefully handles business on the road this week, that its time Wofford starts getting its respect. 4-2 (4-0 FCS) and with 4 of 5 remaining games at home where we haven't lost for 2 years. Yep, I like our spot. This game this week sets the tone for the rest of the year.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:55 pm

That last sentence says it all. I agree.
This one tells the tale.....
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:57 pm

It really does Ruck.....Man we need this in the worst way.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 am

If we win next week I see us having a 60% change to make the playoffs this year. Regardless, we have to "win October." We can't afford to lose to anyone except maybe Chattanooga.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football