GAMEDAY!!!!!!

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: GAMEDAY!!!!!!

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

youngterrier wrote:our offensive coordinator has no creativity. It's kind of sad how predictable we are on offense

I agree. Other teams have got to know what's coming on most plays. Sometimes I'm amazed we ever gain yards. Oh well. At the end of the day, a win is a win. I agree that it is great we have an excellent kicker...he really helped us tonight. And we do have to take the weather and field conditions into account tonight...it got worse as the game progressed. We now stand at 2-2, which is probably what most people predicted for us after four games. On to conference play now.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm going to defend him this time. No reason to open the play book when we were not really pushed. We threw it long twice and both could have been big completions. The GW D Line is big and tough. Our guys did what they needed to do to win this game and go onto league play. By the way, anyone else notice that GSU only beating Idaho by 6?
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:55 pm

I think our game plan on this cold and raining night was not to turn the ball over. I wasn't happy with the offense. But they did have 4 scoring drives. There was more we could have done, but it wasn't needed.

On the future, however, we should play Gardner Webb in the afternoon.
Last edited by walliver on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Watching the Utah-Oregon game, I love some of the little misdirection flat passes and HB passes. We could do that; not necessary to do it a lot, but doing it some can make all the difference.

We did a few things differently tonight on the passing front; if entirely catchable balls had been caught, may have made our victory more lopsided. (Of course, they had some missed passing opportunities too.)

Game stats: http://woffordterriers.com/news/2015/9/ ... 55139.aspx Pretty anemic on both sides; both O's averaged 3 yards per carry.
Their QB was only 11-27, but had 3 or 4 dropped.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:27 pm

In my mind, regardless of the official book, the final was 23-0. Terrible horrible atrocious ridiculously bad officiating.
We pitched a shutout on D. Against a rather poor offense but a very athletic QB.
Can't figure out he QB rotation but whatever. Bad weathe that got worse.
David Marvin was the player of the game for sure. That 50 yarded into the stiff wind was just exceptional.
On to the next one. Maybe we will get some guys back healthy next week.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:33 pm

1 TD against a middle of the road Big South team does not exactly inspire a lot of confidence heading into conference play. Sounds like we lost the battle at the LOS most of the night. Way too many 3 & outs, especially in the 2nd half, again highlighting our inability to adjust at all during half time. Both punters got a lot of reps though. :roll:
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am

At halftime of last night's game there was a good video interview of Anton Wahrby. He looks fit and large. He did not mention any post-college football aspirations, but I had to wonder.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:59 am

I think it was a well coached game. 1st half the offense moved the ball pretty well considering the weather conditions. The defense didn't allow GW anywhere close to the red zone except 1 time due to personal foul penalty. And even then they came up with sacks and TFL's to push GW out of range.

The 2nd half I think the intent was to baby sit the 2 score lead (while owning the time of posession) and rely on the defense to continue making stops because the weather and field conditions got worse. Did see a couple of quick screens and the TE seam plays so they did add to the playbook. The special teams and defense won the game though.

Good thing is we are 0-0 because the season officially starts next weekend. We are somewhat healthy and will be getting some key returners back. In th 4 game span we also got our Freshman (Lyles, Lemon, Demmel, Brown, Zamary, etc.) significant playing time which will help in SoCon play. On to Mercer!
Last edited by WocoSix on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 am

lawdog wrote:At halftime of last night's game there was a good video interview of Anton Wahrby. He looks fit and large. He did not mention any post-college football aspirations, but I had to wonder.

Here's the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ArSCKgyTI
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football