Idaho Game Live Thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Idaho Game Live Thread

Postby crabbyterrier on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Unfortunately, we will probably see the younger ones next week. Will Gay looked like he got hurt pretty bad. Hunter windham limped off an had his ankle taped heavily. Jaleel Green was having cramping problems the whole second half. He went to locker room twice to get IV fluids. He was missed last quarter. Miles Brown was a beast, esp on last defensive stand. Will Gay and Ray Smith were burning it up! Not a fan of the razz le dazzle play with double reverse flea flicker pass. It worked in Tenn Tech game. It barely worked in this game and we were lucky to get the big gain. But to try it again in same game just showed desperation! It takes WAY too long to develope and their D was getting a ton of penetration. It was a roller coaster game with lead back and forth and our young men played very hard! Too close. Wish we had started Jacks.

On our way to Glacier National tomorrow.

Go Terriers!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Jacks has earned the right to start and is the primary guy. He is more experienced in the offense and quicker. However, in our offense the QB is such a target and takes such licks there must be another to offer fresh legs and relieve him from time to time, and give a new look, and that probably is Butler. Or perhaps Weimer, an experienced long legged galloper who has bailed us out more than once. And Goodson has talent too.

BTW, our guys gave super effort ... proud of them. We can take a lot of positives from this for upcoming games. Still need to figure out how to get more stops on 3rd down ... killed us again.

And thanks to all who attended in person. Enjoy the rest of your western ramble.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Furman beat UCF so however well we may have played that's overshadowed by that
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:46 am

Watched some of the Woff game. You guys must have turned it on and done well - when i left Idaho was up seven or 10 but then I think you ran a kickoff back 100 yards?!!?!?!! =D> Wow.

Yes, I,am super thrilled we beat 85 scholarship FBS UCF (and I do mean I am jacked!). but don't worry, southern pigskin will still rank Mercer higher than us for last weeks win over the sisters of the virgin island nunnery. I mean Stetson. And VMI will outrank us too... Smh. Lol

Good luck until we meet
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:03 am

Gofurman I hate to admit it, but I have been saying since the CC game that your team is GREATLY underrated. For CC to be #1 and Furman to not even be mentioned after a 3 pt loss is ridiculous. Unfortunately I expect Furman to win the conference.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 am

Boulder has a point. I too have thought the Furples should be very good this year. How they got beat so badly at VT is a mystery. I still think there is a lot of parity in the league this year, and there will be surprises, but Furman's chances are as good as anyone's.

Notable factoids: we ran 48 plays, they 68. We averaged 7.4 yards/carry. They 3-3 on fourth down. We ran wide well, but too infrequently.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:58 am

A little of the play disparity comes from our return of KO. However, they ran back a fumble. Early we had a hard time sustaining a possession. Later we scored in a few plays. In order to play our game we have to sustain drives and rest our defense. Regardless of the loss and the disappointment that goes with it, our guys played against a team that would be at the top of our league were they FCS. We played against a good QB who could sling it around pretty well. We proved we could play both sides of the ball against them, and we had a couple of defensive sequences in which we went away from the norm (see that WL?) and did some stunts and variations that caught them off guard and worked. There was a noticeable change for the better in special teams, and not just on one run back. Our place kicker can make it from 50 and in. Lots of positives to take away. Our weakest link appears to be the OC.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Instead of a dipsy do trickeration late, how about a flat/screen pass? Or let our HB (Colvin) hit the TE or WR? We were that close to getting a win.

Still nothing to be ashamed of.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Game video is up. Colvin showed some real speed on the KO return; we may have found our outside guy.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks on the underrated note. Yeah, in part I think it's that VT is legit. They were beating number one Ohio state until they lost their qb and then this past week I saw VT was a 6 pt favorite at Purdue and won by about 25. Vt is the real deal.

That said I think Chatt (and maybe Samford) are top two until someone beats them. Especially Chatt. Just my worthless opinion

Good luck until we meet. Represent the SoCon and beat GW
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football