TN Tech Game Thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: TN Tech Game Thread

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 am

19TERRIER19 wrote:Yeah Hobo. RJ had 3 catches. And I think we still are simply scratching the surface with what can really be an effective passing game. I personally feel that the success we were able to have in the passing game helped keep Tech's defense in such a hard spot all night. As we showed a small portion of willingness to throw the ball out there and keep guys out of the box. I still think we can grow in that area and I think we may be leaning some that way. We can have a solid passing attach as we Re so run heavy teams have to commit to stop the run which leaves us in such favorable scenarios to pass.

I'm very excited as a parent and fan as I saw us growing up in our approach. I think the staff has a real plan and I continue to think that this season will be a special one. We are playin a ton of youth and seeing kids rise to the occasion. Imagine if we can start adding back in some of the wounded vets back into action. We have most of our toughest games at home remaining where we haven't lost in a couple years. I say the time to strike is right now. Let's go get a FBS WIN, lick Gardner Webbs butt and then get right to business in the socon.

I'm pumped and love seeing us diversify, even a little bit showing we have that ability.

Also how about Nick Ward with a big Pick and almost another one. Great stuff

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:28 pm

mudrat43 wrote:Really good job terriers!
81 total plays: 70 runs 11 passes (wish we would do more passing, but what we did kept the D a bit off balance).
Glad to see #19 get his first multiple receptions.....way to go young man.
Defense did a stout job...up front and the LBs.....secondary didn't give 'em much either.
Can't fault the QB rotation.....all did well.
Except for a long KO return by TTU (that got called back), special teams appear to be much improved.
Congrats all 'round!! Ever onward and upward.

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"

+1. Especially impressed with the play of some F and RS-F; quality talent and depth on this team! I think Butler or another player commented on how fresh we were late in the game, which is a product of quality fresh legs in the game, and is necessary to win close games.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Here is a nice post script to the win. In his post game show, TTU HC Watson Brown said he believed we would win the SoCon. Nice compliment despite complaining about only having 3 days to prepare for our offense. Brown was actually complimentary of our talent but the TV host was a little more backhanded.
Interestingly, Brown still believed they were playing us the right way in their defensive scheme, but just didn't play/execute well.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-c1O3VecAg
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm

WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football