TN Tech Game Thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

TN Tech Game Thread

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:25 pm

The first sequence was a total embarrassment. The lack of confidence in Evan Jacks has to be a crusher to him. It is so blatant that it has to be a problem on the team. Not that it is wrong, but the way it has been handled is strange at best.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: TN Tech Game Thread

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Can't figure it. Now Jacks comes in when Butler seems to be rolling. They get paid to coach, and they're ours!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 pm

At least we're winning 17-7 at the offense is moving the ball very well. But we need to play Jacks more at QB.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:04 pm

34-14 final. Solid victory. TTU scored a garbage TD lste in the game to make it a little closer. Jacks, Butler, and the offense looked pretty good tonight. Defense had some struggles but some TTU turnovers deep in Wofford territory helped us out a lot.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Really good job terriers!
81 total plays: 70 runs 11 passes (wish we would do more passing, but what we did kept the D a bit off balance).
Glad to see #19 get his first multiple receptions.....way to go young man.
Defense did a stout job...up front and the LBs.....secondary didn't give 'em much either.
Can't fault the QB rotation.....all did well.
Except for a long KO return by TTU (that got called back), special teams appear to be much improved.
Congrats all 'round!! Ever onward and upward.

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Brad Butler played tremendously after a poor first series.

With that said, I maintain that Jacks should start. It's just weird that they go with Butler being the starter when he was the third in rotation last week. Without a doubt Jacks is the most efficient with the helm
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:19 pm

It was interesting that Coach Ayers' attitude was not as cheerful as we would expect. This was the first time in YEARS we played real Wofford football. Personally I think I had forgotten how much fun the nine minute drives with 5 or 6 different ball carriers can be. When EB became a junior we forgot about the Triple Option, so it had been a long time since we had seen it. Butler and Jacks both had good games. The real credit goes to the O and D lines, however. Both were generally outstanding. If we can be relatively healthy and get back the ones that are hurt, we have a chance to become a force. I think I hear a collective "Uh Oh" around the league.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:23 pm

This was a good win, but I can't really give an opinion on how good we are until next week. Idaho will be a test, even if their record is so-so
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 pm

YT- Agree with you fully on the QB situation. It would seem that it would be much easier on Butler (if he's the one) to come in for Jacks, rather than the other way around. Weimer is totally forgotten. It seems that if we run the offense like tonight we can substitute QB's and never miss a beat. Just real curious why the "message sending"?
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:35 pm

#19 RJ with three catches right?!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am

boulder3m wrote: I think I hear a collective "Uh Oh" around the league.

I'm glad we saw a return to true TO football, but I'm not sure we are at the point where we are causing this reaction yet. Looking at the results from around the league, everyone except Furples (who played Va Tech) had no problem putting points on the board either. When we start beating the upper echelon teams in our conference convincingly, then others start to worry. I'm happy with the direction we appear to be headed, but it's a long road ahead. Go you SHD's! =D>
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Has anybody seen the highlights yet ? I cannot find them on the website. And socondn still has the game 'pending archive'.
Loyalterrier

Postby WocoSix on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Highlights by the bad guys though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMNluSY2K0
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Yeah Hobo. RJ had 3 catches. And I think we still are simply scratching the surface with what can really be an effective passing game. I personally feel that the success we were able to have in the passing game helped keep Tech's defense in such a hard spot all night. As we showed a small portion of willingness to throw the ball out there and keep guys out of the box. I still think we can grow in that area and I think we may be leaning some that way. We can have a solid passing attach as we Re so run heavy teams have to commit to stop the run which leaves us in such favorable scenarios to pass.

I'm very excited as a parent and fan as I saw us growing up in our approach. I think the staff has a real plan and I continue to think that this season will be a special one. We are playin a ton of youth and seeing kids rise to the occasion. Imagine if we can start adding back in some of the wounded vets back into action. We have most of our toughest games at home remaining where we haven't lost in a couple years. I say the time to strike is right now. Let's go get a FBS WIN, kick Gardner Webbs butt and then get right to business in the socon.

I'm pumped and love seeing us diversify, even a little bit showing we have that ability.

Also how about Nick Ward with a big Pick and almost another one. Great stuff
Last edited by 19TERRIER19 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football