Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Clempson Notes

Postby terrier06 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 pm

http://woffordterriers.com/documents/20 ... tes_15.pdf
The game notes are up for Saturday. Aside from a few frosh number changes, here's a few things to note.
(1) Lots of RSF in the OL two deep: Demmel tying for 2nd string LT, Jacon-Duffy tied at 2nd C and LG, and Taylor tied at 2nd RT.
(2) Butler at 2nd QB, Weimer at 3, and Goodson at 4.
(3) 2 true FR in the DL two deep: Zamary backing up Speller at NG (bad news for Boudreaux?) and Brown at 2nd RDE.
(4) Lemon backing up Anderson at CB
(5) Ward at 1st FS and 2nd SS with Sarafianos at 2nd FS.
(6) True FR Hammond at 1st LS. (Overlooked until it's a problem but LS is key.)
(7) Armfield with Colvin at KR and Gay at PR.

Ruckus' worries about depth at S and DL have borne out. Hopefully the frosh are as good as advertised.
terrier06
True Terrier Fan

Re: Clempson Notes

Postby lawdog on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks T06.

Clemson's national statistical rankings from last year look a lot like Baylor's when we played them. Offense and defense both high powered.

Miles Brown's quickness, a la TO, must be for real, since he is at DE, not NT ... intriguing. And no surprise about Lemon. Perhaps we will see several other Fr. playing during the game (e.g., Perlotte).

This appears to have a link to watch the game live. http://woffordterriers.com/news/2015/8/ ... 54332.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:36 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Brown is not TO; bigger and not as explosive/quick but a good athlete especially at his size. Moves his feet well. Strong. Reminds me more of Katon Bethay.
I am more puzzled by the QB quandry. Not sure what is going on there. Looks like the coaches are still questioning Jack's decision making and consistency although I though he did well with those elements last year until he got hurt. There is nothing that I saw in the scrimmages that brings that into more focus now. But I am encouraged by Butler's rise on the depth chart as he has impressed me since the spring and MA's comments that we will play 2 QBs this year. I see this as good news at least.
The word from TS is Boudreaux was thought to be done for the year but injury is not as bad as once thought (I assume this means the MRI/CT scan was negative). He may be back for SoCon play. TJ looks to need one or 2 more weeks and may be back then.
I am still petrified about our lack of depth at S, especially v. CU. Ward and Green will be fine but beyond them we are in real trouble. I am hoping Tillery (and Watson) keep progressing so by October and SoCon play we have some help back there. From what I have seen Sirafianos is not the answer. Any word on Jamario WIlliams' status? Or the other walkons Loudermilk and Hemmings now that they are on campus and in practice?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 pm

The HB/FB situation is also interesting. None of the freshmen RBs we were so excited about are listed on the 2 deep. I assume that means they need some seasoning and/or we are trying to redshirt them and will just platoon last year's group?
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

The only thing I would add, is that I would expect other RB's, FB's to play, especially Stoddard, but probably not the freshman, espcecially this week. We normally play more than what the 2 deep says at those positions.

Also I would think a couple of the receivers will play that aren't on the 2 deep either, RJ and Motes once he's healthy for sure.

We are thin at safety, and who knows what they'll really do if Green or Ward go down. However I think Tillery and Rivera would be in the mix. Watson missed a lot of camp, so who knows how much he'd help. Plus as I said earlier in camp, even if not this game this week, expect to see Dom Lemon get some time at corner.

And Ruckus, Jamario Williams isn't in the mix at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on with him.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Now that I don't see his name on the roster anymore I can say it...I don't believe Jamario Willams is on the team anymore, he hasn't been around most of the fall, and I have no idea what happened.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:49 am

Tnterrier2 wrote: Watson missed a lot of camp, so who knows how much he'd help.

Where has Watson been? Injured?
Last edited by lawdog on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:09 am

T Dog, I have always heard it stated again and again that the first order of business for running backs to break into the two deep, is to be able to execute their blocking assignments, so until they prove to the coaches that they can block, they will not play--Sometimes that can be a tough nut for a young guy to crack at this level, and this offense--
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 am

And at their size (although Marshall is pretty stout)
Stoddard may may play some later on.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football